5: the english

This is what Elena is wearing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Elena!" The voice pulled me out of my deep slumber. I jolt up as I exit my nightmare. They've been coming more and more these past weeks since Philip told me I was his daughter. I look up to see Anne with a frantic face on.

"I'm sorry. did I scream?" I ask rubbing my eyes as the adjust to the morning light. She frowns and shakes her head, clearly not knowing about me having a nightmare.

"The king and queen are requesting your presence." I nod with a smile plastered on my face. Not much has happened since the meeting where king Philip told me that I was his daughter.

"Tell them I'll be there." I smiled as she walked out the door. I quickly get dressed with the help of my maids. I walk down the hall to the throne room. As I waltz through the doors, I see Francis and his brother Charles, in front of the king and queen. I look around the until I spot my father I try to make my way to him when I was stopped.

"Nice of you to join us Princess Elena" The king of France called out to me, gesturing for me to come up and stand next to the boys. I fake a smile and obey.

"Charles and a little French girl are getting married." He spoke in a very dominant voice. "She coming to the castle, today."

"Francis are you joining him?" I ask looking over at him. He smiles and nods.

"We don't have to worry about their loyalty because their French, so why don't we send Elena with them?" Catherine chimed in with a big fake smile that could fool anyone if it wasn't for that look in her eye. Before I could say anything the king agreed and all 3 of us were rushed off into a carriage.

"Are you comfortable Charles?" I looked over to the sleepy boy sitting next to me. He looked over to me, his face droopy from tiredness, he nodded before yawning and closing his eyes. I smiled and looked out the window, trying to not fall asleep so I wouldn't have nightmares again.

"Are you okay, Elly?" Francis has called me that since we were children. I gave him a reassuring smile. He grabbed my hand in his and started tracing circles with his thumb. I brought his hand up to my lips and gave it a soft kiss. He did the same.

Not before long we were at the shore line waiting for the ship. I looked over at the blonde prince that stood before me. His shoulders back, breathing slow and calm, and a neutral face on. I knew right then and there that he would be a great king. And that I would miss him when I would have to leave for England.

"What's taking so long?" Charles whined from inside the carriage. I smiled warmly at him, knowing that all this waiting must be hard for a 8 year old.

"Any minute now." Just as the words left my mouth the men spotted a ship in the distance. But as it grow closer a English flag was flying high. I smiled at my native flag but soon realization hit me.

"Francis, Mary Tudor still hasn't declared my her daughter. I'm still considered Marie De Guise's child." His eye clouded over as if he was in deep thought before he came to the same conclusion. He hurried me and Charles back inside the carriage.

"Stop!" A voice and the sound of a horse trotting came up behind us. "Hold your fire! The English come in peace!" Bash said frantically.

"How do you know this?" Francis questioned. "They sent an envoy ahead. If they're lying they will have his head." Bash sounded almost scared, as if he feared for the man's life. Sebastian has always been a kind person so him feeling this way didn't surprise me. Bash was gasping for air and everyone lowered their weapons.

They English may have come in peace but where ever they go trouble follows. And they surely don't know how to stay away from an opportunity to show their dominance. Trust me I know, I am English after all.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey guys,
I'm sorry for the short chapter I just wanted to get you guys one. So please don't have me.

And I published a new story! It's called Apollo's daughter. It's a Percy Jackson fan fiction.

I also wanted to thank you guys for the votes. I honestly love it when you guys vote, I just get inspired and I instantly want to write more chapters.so Don't forget to vote and comment. Tell me what you think about this story.

Love,
Maddie