My Story

Hello! Welcome to this book. Let's start with some basic things.

I'm a fanfiction writer. While I can (and love) all different types of writing, you now all know this isn't my normal writing, so forgive anything awkward and blame that, okay?

Now that that is out of the way, this chapter is all about me, Kiya Aiko or Starling, and how I ended up on wattpad and in love with fanfiction and how I started writing, and all my secret stories I never published. You'll get some clips of a few of those once I get to that.

All stories (mine and others) and any mentioned websites will be linked to at the bottom.

(If I miss any, comment that please so I can add the link)

Well then, on to the story.

Right now, I am just in my freshman year of high school, but I got into fanfiction about three years ago, over my summer right after sixth grade or there-abouts.

My first ever real fandom that I really fell in love with was an anime called Code Geass.

I watched the whole 50-episode show in one night, and turns out I was so tired I only remembered the beginning few episodes and the very end. So I took a few days to re-watch it and remember all of it this time.

I knew of this little website called "Quotev" that I'd seen around before, and I'd done a quiz or two on it. For those of you who do not know, Quotev is a quizzing and story-writing website. I was only doing random quizzes, so I ended up on the site one day doing whatever quizzes I could find that were based around Code Geass, and I even made my own 30 question quiz about "How Well Do You Know Code Geass" but I was really bad at it and asked a bunch of really hard questions because I had a google doc about every little important thing in every single episode. It was a lot.

But when I get bored, I get really bored, and so after looking up some search words I clicked a random thing hoping for a quiz, but instead I got a fanfiction called "Lelouch of the Rebellion: R-eset" since the seasons were called R1 and R2 instead of S1 and S2 or whatever. Now, here's the kind-of surprising part, I HATED reading with a VIOLENT passion. I never was a big fan of reading, even though I was reading at a 6th grade level by about Grade 1 or 2. I was a really advanced reader, but I didn't care about that and found the practice quite tedious. But seeing as I was bored out of my mind, I read the darn thing and OH MY DID I FALL IN LOVE BY THE TIME THE PROLOGUE WAS OVER. The writer pulled me into such beautiful extension of the story I was mourning the ending of, and I loved every second of it. I didn't have to think up what things looked like, I already knew! I knew the scenery, I knew the characters, I knew it all and I loved every second of it!

Needless to say, it didn't take me more than half a year to read every single fanfiction including all the one-shots on Quotev. Keep in mind, at this time there was something I wasn't into yet.

Shipping.

See, I wasn't homophobic, honestly I didn't care. I was a girl in middle school. Go off and be gay, whatever, how does that effect me? (Now I'm a yaoi loving little potato hah)

That and the fact that Code Geass was set during war time so there wasn't really a good time for romance. To this day, I still don't really ship anything. I am open to all ships, but I don't search for any ship of my own.

However, fictional character x reader, I read all of those too. I shamelessly shipped myself right into the story, and this is when I was introduced to the wonderful world of OCs. I made about 9 OCs and I liked to make a small little "mini-fic" as I called them about the character since I believed (and still do) that you can't just say: "The personality of person x is _____." That isn't enough. You need to see them do things to show that. So I did that and made my OC's.