"...Scott is so interesting."

Chapter one: “…Scott is so interesting.”

“Hey Willow, time to come down for breakfast!” my older sister Kolora calls out to me from downstairs. I give myself one last look over to see if I was ready for the day; my green skirt, which starts off a lighter shade of green then fades into darker shade as it reaches down to my ankles, hugs my waist snugly; my upper half of my body is nicely fitted into a black knit, turtle neck blouse with no sleeves. After adjusting my vine like gold cuff, that wraps around my upper left arm a few times I took one last look into my vanity mirror; blue eyes stare right back at me. I let out a breath that I didn’t realize I was holding in.

“Everything will be alright, everything will be okay,” I recite my daily mantra. Without it I will definitely go insane. I go downstairs to join my big sister and twin brother, Alexander-Alex- for breakfast; I take a seat next my twin.

“Good morning Alex! Morning Lora!” I chirp, I am really happy this morning. I love mornings in general; they are the start of new day and a possible fresh start for me, for anyone.

“Hey Will,” Alex replies, taking a moment from scarfing down his food. I roll my eyes at his action.

“Good morning Willow,” my sister says brightly, setting down my plate of breakfast. My plate of food is full of some of my favorites; granola and blueberries mixed in with original yogurt, grapes, and her famous chorizo and eggs. Yum!

“Wow this looks really good, Lora,” I say. Lora is one of the best cooks and bakers ever. Other than our mom though. I miss mom; I should visit her soon.

“It’s very good,” Alex says through his mouth full of food. He didn’t even bother to swallow before talking. Ew.

“Ew! Close your mouth you pig,” I joke. Picking up a grape from my plate, I throw it at him. Before the grape could reach him he quickly swallows his food and catches the grape in his mouth.

“Why thank you dear sister,” he says politely with a playful smirk on his face. I roll my eyes yet again. Lora re-enters the kitchen in her nurse uniform, ready for work I assume.

“Alex, Willow I am leaving for work,” assumption spot on, “I will come back late tonight so make dinner for yourselves. Remember one friend per person over if you want,” she announces, her voice one of authority.

“What if it is Scott and Stiles?” my brother replies back, already knowing the answer.

“Scott and Stiles are the only two exceptions.”

“I thought you weren’t going to do late shifts for another week,” I remember what she told us a few days ago. Is she going to spend time with mom?

“Bobby is going to take me out after my shift,” Lora says with a smile. Bobby has been her boyfriend for three years now; he also just so happens to be a teacher and lacrosse coach at our high school, Beacon Hills High.

“Ugh. Just don’t bring him over tonight. I don’t think I can make it through a day if I see you two making out again,” Alex says in a peevish voice.

“Speak for yourself. You weren’t the one to catch them on the washer machine,” I shiver at the memory.

“Okay the washer one was my fault, but the door was closed when Alex saw us. He could have knocked,” my sister says a blush gracing her face. Alex just shrugs, “Anyways I am leaving so have fun on your first day of sophomore year! Don’t do anything that I wouldn’t do!” Lora rushes out the door and a few minutes later we hear a car leaving our driveway.

“That leaves us with many things to do actually,” my brother says with a thoughtful face, as if he is actually thinking of all the possibilities. I swat Alex on his arm.