Chapter 52

I hope reading this, will be as exciting as writing it was!!

Avery's POV (along Azalea's spirit)

Azalea had not said anything until now and I only felt her in my presence slightly. Everyone was frozen and waiting for what was to come. 

The king and the witch seemed to have engaged in a staring contest and were not to be bothered by anyone.

But this was not a friendly staring contest.

The movement was fast and yet my eyes couldn't have missed it as Valiria's palm was planted forcefully across the king's cheek.

The echo of the slap resonated loudly in my ears, and I felt a fire of hate rising in my insides as Azalea hissed in anger.

With speed I couldn't keep up with the king threw a handful of aimed punched at the witch but they bounced off by a wall of protection she had put around her.

With a deafening roar the two sides collided with each other and after that is was just a blur of bodies, something my human eyes would never have been able to keep up with.

The king was attacked again this time by a ball of flames sent straight out of Valiria's palm. The fire swept across his body and left burnt patches behind.

'That's enough,' Azalea breathed, 'This time she has taken it to far, I will not rest until she draws her last breath and if it kills me too.'

I couldn't say that I was surprised by her anger but I wondered what amount of hate she must have stored to swear to kill her own sister.

Azalea moved from where she had been standing, closer to where I didn't want to go, closer to the witch that had brought this havoc.

' We need to find the witch from China', I remembered and tried to speak quietly.

'You're right, I will try to locate her.'

Immediately I felt how the air ran in controlled portions down my Azaleas arm and went out into every direction.

'I am not strong enough while hidden by the invisibility spell, to perform magic correctly I need to drop the cloak.' Azalea explained. I wasn't sure how I felt about being visible in the middle of the clash even if they'd see us as Azalea only.

Azalea sent out another wave of air and I winced at the force.

With a much faster pace now she advanced to the left away from the both groups, the king and Valiria were nowhere to be seen.

Quickly we left the people behind us headed towards a large rocky hill.

Was the witch hidden there somewhere?

The atmosphere seemed dark and heavy, it was almost as if black tentacles of evil where reaching through the air trying to grab everyone in their path.

'We need to hurry, her magic has begun and soon Lathan's people will be paralyzed.' Azalea sounded worried which automatically worried me as well.

Soon enough we heard a distant voice in the rhythm of a chant. Azalea stopped abruptly, trying to verify where the voice came from but it seemed to play tricks.

Once it sounded close, next time further away and then again as if it was all over the place. 

'I think I know who it is,' Azalea spoke slowly. Hastily she rounded another big rock her feet going in a fast walk. 

Suddenly a loud growl filled the air, it was not of human or animal it was a vampire. My eyes darted around in attempt to find the reason of the growl but all I saw were trees and rocks.