Chapter 4- The House

Hey not edited sorry if the spelling and stuff is bad hope you guys like it :)

Thanks Za Za :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was 4:00am by the time we arrived at the house but the lights were still and I could hear people chattering away as we approached the door. Niall had his arm slung over my shoulder; he was taller than me and took every possible chance to rub it in my face. It was cold so I put my arm around him and pulled him closer as we walked down the path. Panda Boy unlocked the door and it swung open to reveal all four boys laughing hysterically cookie dough all over them. 

"No not the face!" I heard someone squeal from around the corner.

"Mwahahahaha!" I heard Louis scream chasing Zayn into the room with a hand full of cookie mixture.

Noah was smiling and laughing when he saw me a huge clump of dough in his hair.

He was genuinely smiling and laughing.

I can't remember the last time Noah smiled out of happiness let alone laughed.

"Hey Mae!" he yelled and tackled me with a hug. 

I clenched onto him tight, it was as if I had my normal little brother again. Liam looked at the others fury burning in his eyes as he gazed around studying the mess. He just let out a sigh and dissapearead into the kitchen.

Harry had cookie dough smeared all over his face and was grinning, a spoon full of mixture in his hand.

"Attack!" he squealed.

Louis lunged for Niall and got him straight in the face, but Niall just sat down and started wiping it off and eating it. I on the other hand had better reflexes and when Harry tried to get me I dodged out of the way. 

"Don't you dare!" I squealed rushing down an unknown hall, trying to avoid a face full of dough. I was at a dead end, Harry stared at me grinning like a madman as he slowly inched closer. Noah was behind him and before I knew it Noah had his arms around me and tackled me to the ground pinning me down.

"Get her now!" Noah laughed

Ugh traitor! Harry rushed over and pushed me down while smearing dough all in my hair making it stick up in weird directions. As they loosened their grip on me I jumped up and pushed a bunch of dough into Noah's neck and face laughing hysterically. This was the most fun I've had since...well since Niall left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~After the food fight~~~~~~~~~~~~

Liam had cleaned everything up after us and I felt bad so I had joined in while Noah and the rest of the boy slept, exhausted on the couch in a tangle of arms and legs. I laughed quietly as I looked at all their smiling sleepy faces, especially Noah's. I didn't want to bother them but Noah seemed happy around them and he would be healthier if he spent a little more time with them.

"Noah seems like a great kid" Panda Boy comments as he wipes the bench. Breaking the comfortable silence we had established.

"Yeah, he seems to be happier with you guys around... he doesn’t have many friends at school" I told him.

I don't know why but I felt comfortable around Liam, as if I could tell him anything even though I hardly knew him. But I couldn’t at least not all of it, it would be wrong to burden him with my problems.

"I heard from Niall that he...uh...has depression" Panda Boy said awkwardly.

I sighed in relief so he already knew, he wouldn't find out in some freak event or slip of the tongue. But Niall had told him? I didn't mind Liam knowing but what if Niall had told everyone else... What would Noah think? He hated having people's pity, it made him angry and lash out at people... usually me.

"Noah, let me help you" I said a hand resting on his shoulder.

He was struggling with math homework but was refusing my help. He suddenly stood up knocking his chair to the floor.

"I don't NEED you help!" he screamed "You try and help me but I don’t need it! I don’t want your help! Mum was way better at this then you! She loved me but you don’t love me do you?! You just look after me because you have to. The moment I turn 16 you'll be out the door and leave me all alone! So just go away I want to be alone!" he shouted tears streaming down his face.

I just stood their shocked by what he had said. Did he really feel that way? Like I didn't love him?

He fell to his knees sobbing loudly as he cried and cried. I sat down next to him and gripped him in a tight hug, He struggled and moved but I wouldn't let go until he stopped. When he did stop struggling he just cried into my shoulder hugging me back. I knew how much he missed Mum...so did I.

"Mae? Did you hear me?" I heard Panda Boy say.

I had spaced out thinking about that night.

"Umm sorry what?" I said a little confused.

"I asked you if you wanted to go take a shower while I cleaned up" Liam said smiling.

"Oh no I couldn't intrude like that" I said quietly.

He laughed "I don’t mean to be rude but I think you need a shower, well by the state of your hair I don't think you would be able to sleep very well" he insisted.

I nodded as he led me up the stairs and handed me a towel.

"Here I'll lend you some of my clothes, they'll be a bit big but I'm not going to let you sleep in food covered clothes" He laughed disappearing out of the room.

I sat awkwardly on the edge of the bathtub staring at my reflection in the mirror. I was a mess. He walked in and placed the clothes beside me. I found myself staring at his eyes and he stared back smiling. I looked down my face red.

"Well I'll see you tomorrow, you can sleep in Niall's room he wont mind. Its the one just across the hall" He said disappearing out the door and out of sight.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Hey guys sorry not very good, wrote it in humanities so its not very long hope you like it

please comment, vote, fan whatever you like just please nothing rude :)

~Molly xoxo