twelve

Lily Evans was over the moon. She didn't think happy could cut it, not today anyway. It was their second last day as Gryffindor students, and tomorrow, she and her friends would be graduating students of Gryffindor High. She looked over at Alice, who was talking about Frank as Lily sipped her espresso. Lily was trying to focus on her best friend's words, but she was so preoccupied with her own happiness that her hearing had gone blank. Finally, Alice abruptly cut off her speech and rolled her eyes, leaning over the little diner table to wave a hand in Lily's face.

''Babe, did you just hear anything I said?'' Alice asked, leaning back in her chair.

''Huh?'' Lily said not-very-intelligently, and Alice rolled her eyes again.

''I said, that I think Frank is going to propose to me on Grad night, but I don't think I'm ready for commitment like that,'' she said, and Lily snorted.

''Ha! You, with Frank, not ready for commitment? You're basically married already, what's a ring going to do?" She said, and Alice scoffed but grinned.

''I guess you're right. I mean, I do love him, and the idea of starting a family with him is just so amazing and sweet that sometimes it hurts to think that I don't currently have it right now.'' She said, and Lily smiled at her.

''I'm always right, Al. And anyway, you never know, you might get married and get lucky on your wedding night, and boom, you have a mini Alice and Frank.'' Lily said, and Alice went red and hit her on the arm.

''Hey! Keep your voice down, you dirty minded weirdo! Honestly, we're not going to 'get lucky' on our wedding night, if there even is one, and anyway, I wouldn't get pregnant on the first go. I'm not that lucky.'' She said, and Lily rolled her eyes.

''I'm sure you're fertile enough.''

''Lily!''

''You're like a little seed that sprouting and is ready to burst out a tree or something.''

''Oh my God, I'm not a fucking plant!'' Alice said, and Lily laughed.

''Ha! Whatever, you're so getting married, and we're buying you some nice underwear to wear that day right now.'' She said, and Alice opened her mouth to protest, but Lily put up her hand to stop her. ''We're going sexy undies shopping, end of story, now get in my car and let's go shopping, Mrs Longbottom,'' Lily said, and Alice rolled her eyes but took Lily offered hand as they walked across the street to Lily's car.

''Whatever. I'm not getting a corset, though.'' Alice pointed out, and Lily's eyes lit up with mischief.

''What a lovely idea!''

''Lily!''

-.-.-

Victoria's Secret was packed. It usually was, seeing as it was the only one in the whole of Hogwarts state, but still, it was a bit strange to see this many people in it on a Thursday afternoon. Aline Parkinson, a beautiful but kind of rude Slytherin girl was the only person Lily recognized, but she still felt a bit weird that so many eyes were on her and Alice as they made their way over to the lingerie section.

''So, light pink or cream? I'm thinking cream or light pink because of your skin tone, but I don't know if you want something a little bolder, like red or black.'' Lily explained to Alice, who was looking as if she was trying not to laugh at Lily's formal tone.

''Lily, we're literally in front of lacy bras and barely there underwear, you don't have to sound as if you're in a TV ad.'' She said, laughing, and Lily scowled at her.