two.

LIE TWO.
casualties of a lonely girl

After a year of him following her around—and vice versa—she grew to tolerate him being near her. When she thought about it, it wasn't so bad. He wasn't anything like the girls from before—he was near opposite to them. She was happy, as was he. Though that joy was short-lived.

The time afterwards, near the end of their high school years, they had begun to separate. Kishou had begun to be with her less, telling her that he had important things to do—things that he couldn't explain to her. That made her angry, to the point where she could just explode. Sure, there were people who would understand—which she did—but she was just angry at the fact that he denied to spend time with her whenever she asked him to.
Some sort of defence mechanism had built itself up inside her and that mechanism decided that she should just stop trying to be near him when there wasn't even a chance to do so.

"I'm going to a university in America—I can't see you anymore," she said to him, speaking seriously while staring dead into his eyes.

"I understand," he looked down at his feet, feeling solemn at her words.

"It's not as if we spent any time together anyways—so stop acting so depressed," she had then snapped, annoyed with a serious tone.

"What do you mean?" he asked her, snapping his head up to look at her with confusion. "Just last week we went out."

"It was that one day after three months of me being alone and you being with those other people—I'm sorry, but for my own good, I'm cutting ties with you."
She was cruel, Kishou realized, too cruel for anyone their age.

"I'm sorry," guilt crept up his spine and tickled the back of his head. "It's just..."

"Goodbye for now—for maybe we'll meet each other in the future, Kishou," she turned her back on him, just as she felt he did to her. "You are very cruel."
It was as if they thought the same thing.

"You said you wouldn't leave me, Kiko," he replied, grabbing her forearm and stopping by her from taking more steps away from him.

"We both made that promise, but I wasn't the one who broke it first, liar."
The last name she had called him was liar, and he'd never forget that.

Kiko was the real liar, and she knew it. She didn't want to leave him as much as she thought she wanted to, but it was for a job opportunity. America was a grand country, and what she was to be hired for was extremely difficult for the average human. America's CCG was much more difficult to work in—ghouls wandered all around the country and there was near to no way to stop them all.

Two weeks before she had encountered Kishou, she had received a phone call asking her to join for training once she graduated. She, of course, accepted, partly for the money bs partly for the fact that she had no idea what else she wished to do with her life after high school. And hence, she left Japan and Kishou behind.

While she was walking away from her old friend, she spoke loud enough for him to hear, "I love you." But unfortunately, he wasn't listening. Then, once she saw that he didn't, she decided at that moment, that she really hated him.

Once in the American airport, she forced herself to forget the hurt she was feeling to continue walking  to her new life in the American branch of the CCG.