Twenty Three ♡

Please vote & comment!

The front door swung open and I quickly scrambled under the covers, faking a cough as my mother walked in. She dropped her suitcases and came at me with open arms. I flung my arms around her and let her swing me around as she asked, "How are you honey? I've missed you!"

"I'm okay. Just a little sick." I said, making my voice a little lower to show the congestion that I was faking. I coughed into my arm quickly and gave a weak smile.

"Aw honey, did you stay home?" She asked me. I nodded my head weakly and held the blanket over my shoulders. I shivered a bit, and she stroked my cheek gently. "I'll go out and get some soup for you, okay?"

"Actually, I'm going to head over to Alex's tonight because we're studying for a history test on Monday." I explained, rattling the lie from the top of my head. My mother seemed to believe it easily because she quickly dropped the soup idea and proceeded to tell me what she was going to make herself for dinner.

I asked her how her trip was and that caused an eye roll followed by the "Oh, same old same old I guess." speech that she gave every time. My phone buzzed in my pocket, and I quickly slid it out in front of me. Come by around eight. Walk in through the front. Andy texted me, followed by his address.

For some reason his street sounded familiar. I felt as if maybe I'd been down on that street before, or maybe I had heard of it somewhere. My mother pulled me from my thoughts as she asked what my test was on. "Oh, it's on the Monroe Doctrine or something like that."

She arched a brow. "Or something?"

I gave a sheepish smile. "I don't pay attention in that class." I said with a light laugh. She rolled her eyes and laughed as well. Andy sent another text message and I glanced down, reading in my head Actually, can you come now by any chance?

I sent back a quick yes and slid the phone back into my pocket. "Are you sure you don't want something to eat babe?" My mother asked as she fracked two eggs into a pan. The eggs sizzled loudly as they hit the steaming hot pan.

"No. Actually I'm going to head over there now because Alex asked me to." I told her, grabbing my purse from the kitchen table. "I'm going to spend the night there. Is that okay?"

"Don't be up all night!" She said in her usual scolding tone. I rolled my eyes and nodded my head as I headed up the stairs. Walking into my bedroom, I shut the door and threw my stuff onto my bed. I shoved clothes into one of my bags followed by my school work into my backpack. It would be quite suspicious if I went to study at Alex's without my school bag.

I heard my door creak open. I glanced over my shoulder and watched the little pug make his way into my room, his tongue sticking out as he looked at me with big, brown eyes. I bent down and scratched his head before going back to getting ready.

Samson pouted. He whined loudly, propping himself up on his back legs and throwing his front paws onto my leg. He scratched at my leg and I swatted him down, scolding him gently. Samson's head dropped low and he sat down next to me, resting his head against my leg as he watched me pack my bag.

I threw in my makeup and tooth brush followed by a few other things and zipped it all up. Grabbing my keys, I took my large bag and school bag into my hands and headed downstairs, shutting my door behind me. Samson followed close behind me and hopped down the steps one at a time.

I swung my arms around my mother and gave her a kiss on the cheek. "Bye mom, love you. I'll text you when I get there." I called out over my shoulder as I walked to the door. My mother said a quick I love you before going back to making her eggs, and I was out the door soon after. I poked my head into the front window and watched Samson run to my mother, sitting at her feet as he patiently waited for her to drop some eggs, completely forgetting about me.

I chuckled and went to my car. Throwing my bags in the passenger seat, I hopped in and turned on the car. The engine roared to life. I put it in reverse and backed out of my drive way slowly before heading down the street. Rummaging through the arm rest, I pulled out one of the many CD's I had and a cigarette that had strayed from it's pack. I lit the end while putting the CD in and sat back as I rolled to a stop at a red light, letting the smoke roll off my lips.

It was a bad habit and I knew that. However it was a habit I wasn't too thrilled about quitting, so I held onto it even tighter. I let my fingers drum against the steering wheel to the beat of the song and took another drag.

"Smoking can kill you." I felt my skin go ghost white as I felt his hot breath breathe down my neck. I stopped the car immediately. I turned around and saw his wicked smile as he flashed his red eyes at me.

"Long time no see." Jason chuckled.

"The longer the better." I said, trying to hide the utter fear that I was facing. Jason gave me a half smile as he shook his head. "There's no need for the attitude sweetheart."

"What do you want?" I asked.

"Can't a friend visit a friend?"

"We're not friends." I muttered angrily.

"I meant me visiting Andrew." The way that he said his name sent chills up my spine. How did he know where I was going? I thought of sending a text to Andy, however I realized that might cause more issues. So I let my phone sit in my lap and my eyes never left him. A car behind me honked their horn angrily, shouting curse words out their window.

Jason held up a finger to me, excusing himself. He slid himself out of the car and in that moment I thought of ramming the gas and driving away, however I felt frozen in place with fear. I watched as Jason walked to the small Nissan behind me and stop at the window. I couldn't see much but I could hear the loud roar, and that's when the driver scrambled out the other side of the car, running down the street and never looking back at his car.

Jason swiftly came back into the car, a grin on his face as he said, "Now, what were we talking about again?"

"Y-You're not seeing Andy." I stuttered.

"I know. I want to see Andrew. Andrew is much more fun than Andy." Jason leaned back and picked at his teeth with his claws. He wasn't fully shifted, however his claws and fangs were out as well as those blood red eyes I was terrified of.

"But you're getting in the way." Jason's tone shifted into a much more angry tone. He leaned forward, his eyes boring into mine as he studied me. "For some god damn reason, Andy's got control and I think you're at fault."

"That's not a bad thing." I said flatly.

"For me, it is."

"How'd you even get in my car?"

"I have my ways. Listen closely, Snow." He said roughly through gritted teeth. Jason leaned forward and I leaned back as much as I possibly could, not wanting to be anywhere near him in this moment. "Consider this a warning. I suggest you hop on out of his life."

"You don't actually think you could change him do you?" He asked me, his head tilted to the side a bit. I bit my lip. I stayed silent, unable to speak as the lump in my throat grew bigger with fear. "You can't tame a beast darling. He's too powerful for you."

"I— I—" I tried to speak, but I failed miserably. Jason chuckled at my fear and reached out, stroking my cheek with his cold hand.

"Be careful with him." He winked.

I took in a sharp breath and within the blink of an eye, he vanished completely. I felt my heart pounding against my chest. I looked around my car and down the street but found him nowhere in sight. I quickly sat back in my seat and leaned back as I let out a long breath, my body trembling with fear.

I felt my phone vibrate under me and I quickly grabbed it with shaking hands. Looking at the bright screen I swallowed hard and looked away for a brief moment, not wanting to reread the message.

You can't tame a beast— Jason.