Wattpad Original
There is 1 more free part

o09.

Chapter Nine

(Marley Wright)

Monday, June 5th 2017

"I'm glad we were all able to make it today." Micah's therapist, Vivian, smiled wide as she joined us in the small conference room.

It was a little after eight in the morning and it seemed like we were all tired except for Vivian and Micah.

"So, we've been talking about Micah getting out of here next month. How is everyone feeling about that?" She looked over at Miracle with a raised eyebrow, motioning for her to go first.

This was how most of our meetings with Micah and Vivian went. We'd go over some of the things she talked to Micah about the week prior and give us all a chance to express how we feel about the topic at hand and we'd end with Micah's thoughts and feelings. It wasn't a conventional therapy session but it worked for us.

"I'm excited to have him back home. I'll be going to the 10th grade next year and having him home would make the transition less stressful. I'm trying out for the volleyball team next year too, so I'd love to have him there in the stands supporting me and cheering me on." Miracle smiled at her dad.

Next there was Micah Jr. "I'd be lying if I said I didn't need him back home. I mean, my aunt and uncle are doing a great job at making sure we're okay and I don't want it to seem like I feel any way other than that but I'm a growing man going into my senior year and I need you there pops. I need you there all the way too, without the drugs clouding your mind. I miss you man; I miss the time we spent together. I miss helping you out down at the real estate office and cleaning all those damn model homes man." He chuckled a little and shook his head. "Next month can't come fast enough," he admitted while holding back tears.

"Well even though I'm grown and I'm not your kid, I need you home too big bro." Moriah chuckled. "You are my voice of reason, you remind me that there is a bigger picture outside of the life I used to live. I'm not trying to die a party animal and you would always ask me that whenever I'd tell you about my wild nights and the different chicks I was dealing with. I'm trying to settle down and look at life differently but it would mean more if you were out of here, at home, so I could drop by and come bitch to you about my girl not acting right or shit bro, just anything. I miss you man. And I'm ready for you to get the hell up out of here," Moriah ended, causing us all to laugh a little.

"Okay, Marley?" Vivian motioned for me to speak.

"Well, I guess I feel more like the kids do about this situation. I don't have a good relationship with Mom and Dad and you've been the closest thing to a parental figure in my life for the past eight years now and I can't stand not having you around. Now I'm not just saying this because you've literally made sure I was set for life." I giggled. "I'm saying this because I miss you. I love you and to be honest I need you. I need you every day I wake up. That's why I call every morning; hearing your voice, knowing that you're okay makes my day go smooth. It gives me the strength I need to get up and care for MJ and Miracle in your absence. Having you home won't take away all of our problems including your own but having you home will make it easier for all of us to help each other make it through. I understand that you needed this time to heal and get healthy again and I respect that but this month can't go by fast enough." I laughed as he pulled me into a side hug.

"Micah, care to tell your family how you feel about coming home next month?"

"Well, Marley you already know, I had my doubts a few weeks back." I nodded. "I've had time to think about why I was afraid and hesitant about coming back and being back in the real world and I realized it was natural for me to be nervous but in recognizing that I couldn't allow fear to take over my emotions and come home doubting myself. I've lived without drugs before and I can do it again. I was lucky enough to have a great team working for me down at the real estate office. I mean we haven't been having any problems and my manager along with my assistant have been keeping everything in check. I'm going to come home and go to all of your games princess." He looked over at Miracle. "I'm going to make sure you have a whole list of houses to clean when I get back home too Jr." He chuckled.