Prison

Kristin POV

I awoke to the sensation of ice cold water being dumped over my body, I wanted to scream from the sheer shock, yet I sat up and looked around. My instincts told me to attack, yet I felt shackles securely around my wrists and ankles.

"Well if she ain't the prettiest thing ya did see." A man smirked, scales covered his face as he squated down. "Five hundred thousand units." His claws grabbed my face before I whistled, yet he chuckled. "Cute." He pushed me back and motioned to the box, holding my arrow. "Now now... We both know how this is going to end. Take care of her." He started walking out of the cell as two larger creatures walked into the tiny room. One was blue like my father the other a purple shade with scales. They were like earth's police, brutal. I felt the air leave my lungs with each blow to my stomach before I screamed.

" What do you want?!" My eyes burned from the sheer amount of anger the boiled through my veins like lava. The man chuckled softly and knelt down.

"I want you to lose your fire little one. To be a slave is to be obedient and quite." I scoffed and spit at him, only to earn a punch to the cheek, I wouldn't admit it, but my head was spinning. I'd been in plenty of fights in my life, mainly over the topic of me lacking a father in the picture. Little did they know the truth.

Flashback:

"You're a bastard child!" The teenage boy laughed loudly with the others surrounding me. High School surely was some sort of hellish realm.

"I am not!" I snapped back, trying my best to contain my anger. If my contacts burned up that would the end of this normal life.

"Where is your dad? Fucking around the world?" That was it, I snapped. I lunged at him, tackling him to the ground and punching him in the face over and over. I felt my eyes start to burn and I got up, looking at his bloodied face before running down the hall, squinting. Only once I was outside and in the woods did I stop. My heart was racing in my chest as I glanced at my watch, seeing my reflection in the tiny piece of glass. Those red hues reflecting in the sunlight. I got up and started running once more to the only place I could actually be myself. Home.

My body trembled from exhaustion as I stopped outside the suburban home, my eyes scanning the view before me as I slowly walked up to the door. My mother's eyes widened when she saw my expression.

"Kristin?"

"They made fun of me not having a dad." I swallowed the lump in my throat, she took my hands and examined the blood on my knuckles.

"Honey... You're a lot stronger than these people you can't just go hurt them." She sighed softly and led me to the skin and carefully washed away the blood before brushing my tears away.

"I hate hiding who I am mom. I'm tired of these contacts they hurt." She chuckled weakly before we sat down and she picked up the phone, dialing away.

"Hi, yes this is Joanna Wagner, Kristin's mother. Yes I'm aware of the situation. I'm taking her out of school, obviously my child cannot be protected in your establishment. Yes, thank you. Good bye." She looked at me and flashed a slight smile. "It's settled I'll home school you." I couldn't fight back the grin as I hugged her. Maybe I would finally get to be myself.

:End of Flashback

I shivered laying on the floor, my body ached as I let my mind drift off to anywhere but here. The sounds of the ship seemed to keep me awake and the constant threat of another beating. I refused to let them break me, after all I am my father's daughter. I looked up at the box, whistling softly as the arrow lifted itself in the clear glass. It moved as if it was on a wave, surfing along to the whistle. If only I could reach it, yet being chained to the floor wasn't something I had to deal with before.

I jumped hearing the sirens begin, the lights turned red as men began rushing by to attend to the emergency at hand. I sat up and felt the blood rush to my head groaning slightly at the sudden pain. I slowly fell back down, feeling my eyes grow heavy as the ringing in my ears grew louder.

"There she is!" I heard someone holler, it was a female's voice. I closed my eyes yet fought to stay awake just enough to listen.

"Get the arrow Rocket I'll grab her." I felt the chains loosen from my limbs and the warmth of a body and arms. Someone was carrying me, his cologne smelled so familiar, like it was from earth. I forced my eyes open and took in the man's features, his eyes locked onto mine. Oceanic blues mixed with concern were the last things I saw before I slowly closed my eyes again.

"Terran" I whispered feeling limp in his arms as he carried me, I could hear others and the sound of weapons firing all around.

"You got the arrow?" The man carrying me hollered to someone.

"Got it!" Someone else hollered back. I heard doors closing, some more walking, then once again I heard a door close. I felt my soaked jacket and jeans being peeled from my body. Leaving my undergarments and my t-shirt. A warm blanket engulfed me and once again I found the strength to open my eyes slightly.

" Who are you?" I croaked looking at the man.

"You're safe. I'm a friend of Yondu your father." I almost sighed with relief and closed my eyes. "Get some rest. We'll see him in a few days." It was as if his wish was my command, because moments later I gave into sleep's embrace.