chapter 5 (Alex's POV)

Chapter 5

Alex's POV

"Alex!" I turned around just as Alexia engulfed me into a hug. She looked up, her brown eyes glowing with excitement. I chuckled lightly and ruffled her hair.

"Did you eat too much sugar again?" 

          She slapped me on the arm a playful scowl on her face."You making fun of my sugar highness again?"

          I smiled at her innocently, my laugh somewhat forced."Of course not. Now why were you so excited again?"

          She brightened up again."I got us matching costumes for the dance!"

I pulled Alexia into a tight embrace."Thats great." 

My mate's face flashing before my eyes again. I didn't even know her name and that made my wolf growl in annoyance. It shouldn't matter anyways since I already rejected her. All she had to do was accept the rejection and we would be good to go. My wold snapped his jaws and growled angrily.

Stupid! She's your mate!

It's not like it matters anyways, she's pretending not to know me. 

I'm pretty sure she has a good reason behind it! He growled in defense.

I snorted. I think not.

I was jolted out of my conversation with my wolf when Alexia shook my arm.

"Are you okay? You seems kind of spaced out there." Her lips pulled down in a frown.

"It's nothing." I assured her, wrapping my arms around her waist.

My wold growled one last time at me.  Stupid, Alexia isn't even a werewolf! She's a dumb human for goodness sakes!

Don't you dare call her dumb! I bit back enraged.

No answer.

"Got to go to class. See you at lunch." I gave her a quick kiss on the lips and she giggled. Turning on my heel, I headed to my first period class. Outside the classroom I saw my mate hunched over and a guy was hovering above her. So she's already hitting on other guys when she knows she had a mate? What a slut.

She is not a slut! Do you not see that she's in pain?! That guy is merely helping her! My wolf roared angrily, his body trembling in anger towards me.

I ignored him but I couldn't help but take another peek at her. Now that he said it, I could see that she was trembling slightly and the guys face was drawn down in worry.