05

"Lets play operation!" Both the girls yell in unison. I pull the game out and set it up.

"You guys should play too!" Sophia hollers, excited that she found a friend. I look to Martinez and he shrugs. We sit on the floor and play. Martinez and I let Sophia and Julia win. The girls are tied five to five. We play a few more games and Martinez stands up.

"Alright, Julia. It's time for bed." That's when I realize how late it is, my watch reads 7:34 and the sun is setting.

"You too, Sophia." I tell her. The girls huff. Sophia stomps into our room and I laugh at her. Julia runs into hers and Martinez's room.

"Meet me out here when you get her to sleep, I need to talk to you." He tells me. I nod and walk into our room, closing the door. I wonder what he needs, why couldn't he just say it while we were playing with the girls?

Sophia's already getting into her pj's. Since I didn't think about getting pajamas, I have to wear some sweat pants I got, with a random t-shirt. I change into mine and throw my hair into a messy bun. Sophia lays on the bed and I lay next to her.

"Why couldn't we play longer?" She asks, then yawns. I laugh, she smiles at me.

"That's why, you're tired and it's night time. We are actually safe here and need to take advantage of this." I say, opening the curtain, revealing the dark, night sky.

"Okay, can we play tomorrow?" She asks, closing her eyes.

"Yes."

"I wish I could see my group." She whispers, drowsing off. Her saying this makes my chest tighten up, I look to the wall closest to me and just think. I know that her group is out there, I can just feel it. I don't know if they know that she's still alive but I know for sure that once they see her, they'll go insane. As for my brother, I just hope he's safe and okay.

"Good night, love." I say, then kiss the top of her head.

"Good night, Mommy." She says, in a sleepy voice. After about five more minutes, she passes out. I walk over to her side of the bed and put her covers on her.

I then walk out of the room. Martinez is still with Julia, so I just sit on the couch and wait. I don't know how I'm going to survive this world. But with Sophia by my side, at least I have an obligation to stay alive. And now, us having Ceaser and Julia; there's more than enough for us to take care of. Sophia and Julia will survive this world, it's gonna suck but sooner or later, this thing will stop. The biters will run out of food and we'll still be here, as they all die off. That is, if we have enough food to last us. I'm pulled out of my thoughts when the cushion next to me sinks. I look over, smiling to see Ceaser.

"So, you wanted to talk to me?" I asked, in a quite voice so I don't wake the girls.

"Yeah, I just thought we could get to know each other." He says.

"Alrighty then. Do you want to start or shall I?" I question him.

"You can." I smile, excepting the offer.

"How long has it been just the two of you?" I ask, referring to his daughter.

"About three mounts after this thing started, that's when my wife died." He looks down for a second.