01

I dedicate this to my bff @5secsofluke cause she's amazing and her fanfics is mind fucking so go check it out!! it's better than mine lol hope you enjoy!

*

2018

It was the night, the perfect night.

I was forced to attend the annual Teen Choice Awards with my best friend, Kylie Johnson. She stubbornly refuses to walk on the carpet alone and bribed me with a trip to Bahamas she has promised me ages ago. She knew I would do anything to visit the paradise resort. Besides, It was her first nomination in her entire acting career and I wouldn't miss it for the world.

"Thank god we got the decent seats" Kylie sighed in satisfaction as she gracefully sat on the theater like chair. By the time we settled in our seats, numerous famous celebrities start filling in the venue.

"What are you nominated for again?" I inquired, leaning back against my seat. My feet were killing me.

"Best actress. It's making me kind of nervous. You know?" she replies, pulling her phone out of her purse. "like taking your first audition." I replied with a nod, knowing exactly what she feels. First times are the most never wrecking moments a person could ever encounter which such as first date, first kiss and first time.

Despite the noise of conversing celebrities, a comfortable silence fell between Kylie and I. My slight ADHD starts kicking in with my eyes already starting to wonder around the venue.

I felt lonely. Kylie was busy on her phone and the five seats next to me are still vacant. I sighed heavily, exasperated from the lack of entertainment and social action.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, a loud odd (obnoxious) accent is heard from the distance. I couldn't exactly grasps on what type of accent it was but I can guarantee it isn't American. It was somehow British.

Then it hit me.

My heart rate start to rise out of excitement when I remember there were five chairs next to me. My inner fangirl begins to unleash itself.

The accents have become clearer and more prominent as the voices seem to marvel into a different accent. Much to my dismay, It wasn't british and my dreams of having an up close and personal encounter with One Direction is crushed.

Although, the accents were familiar... too familiar.

"Oi, mate! Where do you think we should go after this?"

" There's the after party"

"Did you bring Nachos, Cal."

Cal.

I held a breath and was too afraid that if I breathe my assumption will do me justice. I gulped the lump forming in my throat and slowly, dramatically, twisted my head over the direction of the voices and instantly regretting it.

No. It can't be.

My heart continues to slam against my ribs when I turned to Kylie and shook her arm violently. Thankfully, she rips her attention away from her phone and scowls at me with eyebrows scrunched together in confusion and annoyance. I stare at her with wide eyes as her gaze averts to the top of my head. She gapes with shock taking over her features.

Shit.

"Scar? Scarlett is that you?" I froze as the raspy voice rings in my ears.

It was Luke. Luke Hemmings. The Luke who created the butterfly in my stomach wanting to escape, The same Luke who created the never ending ears, The same Luke Hemmings who crushed my heart to little, tiny spectacles.