Chapter 21

.

.

-Rylie's POV-
.

.

.

"Hey." Someone pokes my arm.

"Hmmm." I answer.

"Come on, get up.." I recognize Rick's voice as he gently grabs ahold of my arm trying to pull me up.

"Mmmhm. 5 more minutes." I answer him, still not opening my eyes and I hear him chuckle lightly.

"You can not be comfortable like that." He says still chuckling.
I suddenly realize that I had fallen asleep in the balled up position I had been in when Carl left me here last night.
I finally open my eyes and Rick greets me with a smile, a lot like Carl's dorky one. I move my arms off my knees and my legs to the ground and he's right, it wasn't comfy at all. I'm sore all over.

I make a noise between a grunt and a whine and Rick continues to laugh at me.

"Help me." I say in a baby voice, holding my hand out for him to help me out of the chair. He does and laughs when I almost fall over.

"Stop that." I say, continuing my childish voice.

"Stop what?" He chuckles as he holds my arm to keep me standing.

"Stop laughing at me. I'm tired. I didn't sleep much." I yawn and rub my eyes.

"Why didn't you sleep in the bed with Hallie?"

"She snores and it was too hot. No one was on with and I figured I was up so I might as well keep watch."

"You did a great job at that." He sarcastically remarks, referring to the fact that I fell asleep.

"Shut it." I snap.
I sit back down at the table normally, though still stiff. I watch Rick pull out a bag of cereal and I feel my eyes light up.

"Lucky charms?!" I say as he tossed the little bag to me.

"It was in the cabinets." He motions toward the brown wooden cabinets of the cabin and I dig in. He sits down beside me with a bag if Cheerios and eats.
It's silent for a little as we are both eating every single piece of cereal.

"Is anyone else awake?" I ask, curious to how loud I can be.

"Nope. I think it's just us. I'm thinkin we can all go on a run today? Just to see their skills and how useful they are." He says and shoves another spoonful of cereal in his mouth.

"All 8 of us or a selected few?"

"I was thinking all 8. Why?" He asks, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Just wondering." I shrug and continue eating my lucky charms.

'Just that your son basically told me he doesn't want to see me, talk to me, or be near me, but you know. No biggie.' My subconscious reminds me and I really just want to punch that bitch in the face.

What am I talking about?
That bitch is me.
I shake off the stupid thought I had and excuse myself from the table.

I quietly walked by the past-out girls on the couch. This must be the best sleep they've had in a while. Possibly the safest place they'd been in a while.
I could say the opposite though.
This cabin seems to be my worst place to sleep, and I've learned that no where is safe. I turn the knob slowly and walk in the room, a snoring Hallie still sound asleep. I go to my bag and grab my bow, my knife, and tie my hair back in a pony tail. I walk out the bedroom door, soon being face to face with Carl, who's room is right across from mine. We catch each others attention and I break the stare by looking at my feet and pursing my lips. He moves first, walking into the living room and around the corner to the kitchen. I let out a sigh and follow in, a few steps behind him.