xxxix. basketball

TAHIRY

Back home, work was chill for the first time. I didn't have people busting my ass for artwork but Juan, Serena, and Trey on the other hand were experiencing what I would.

Tonight, Logan and I headed over to Staples Center. I'm not a fan of basketball or sports, but for her, I'm down. I'll root for the team she likes.

It was shocking to know that she's friends with an elite basketball player. Like damn, baby. I ain't know you got ties like that. Next thing you know, we're on a trip with the whole team.

Logan and I entered the center. We showed the security guards our tickets and even had VIP passes around our necks.

We made our way out to the court and over to the bleachers. The teams were preparing for their match.

Jahseh spotted us and walked over here. "Yo! I'm glad y'all made it safe and sound."

"Yeah, man. We're glad to be here." Logan replied, fist bumping him.

These two standing beside each other was shocking. They were giants compared to me and I knew I was short, but not that short.

"This is my girlfriend, Tahiry." Logan introduced me to Jahseh.

It felt good hearing that.

"It's nice to meet you, Tahiry. I'm sure you know who I am." Jahseh said.

"Who doesn't? It's nice to meet you too." I replied.

Jahseh and I shook hands. I've never been so close to or touched a celebrity. It feels weird. I'm actually nervous.

"Alright. The game's about to start. I'll catch y'all later, aight." Jahseh said.

Logan nodded her head. "Aight. Good luck, man."

"Thank you." Jahseh jogged over to his teammates.

Logan and I took a seat in the front row. We got comfortable. The whistle was blown. The match began.

It was fun to watch. Bae got me popcorn. We ate it together. Got pissed at the fouls. Cheered on the Lakers. Just regular couple things I guess.

The match came to an end. We were here long as hell. The final score was 96-119.

Lakers took the victory. Good for them. The match was good. The seating, golden.

When the team finished hooraying, we congratulated Jahseh and he invited us to meet his teammates.

We got to meet LeBron, Anthony, Alex, Kyle. The whole damn team. I was mad excited meeting LeBron. Logan was too. We took photos and all.

As a celebration, Jahseh invited us out to a house party. Of course we didn't refuse.

The party was taking place at a private mansion. Belonged to one of the players. We all rode in a limousine over to it.

Jahseh's wife, Amari, accompanied us. I made conversation with her. Turns out, she and Jahseh were together since high school. They broke up more than once and always ran back to each other. Two magnets.

At the private mansion, Logan, Jahseh, Amari, and I sat by the pool whilst everyone else partied inside to music and drank like psychos.

"How long y'all been together?" Jahseh asked Logan and I as he took a sip of his champagne. "A year?"

"Nah, less than that." Logan replied. "A month going on two."

Can't deny that time is passing.

"Nice." Jahseh smirked. "I wish the best to the both of you."

"Thank you." I said.

"Now." Jahseh took a stand. "Let's party and take some shots in this motherfucker!" He screamed.

Logan cheered him on.

Amari smacked him on the ass. "Watch your language!" Jahseh looked at her. "Sorry, babe."

I smiled.

Guess it's time for the alcohol. Thank god we'll be getting a ride home.