Chapter 2

As soon as we were in the nice Escalade and driving off, the men relaxed, lifting me up and swaddling me in a blanket.

"I know you're confused, Little Wolfie, and we'll do the best we can to explain things to you, but we need you to bark your age for us so we know where to send you, okay?"

I yipped eighteen times and the whole car looked at me in shock.

"We've never seen someone your age have such a small wolf. It's incredible."

True to his word, the guy holding me told me how Ms. Pere called them if someone shifted and they would pretend like they were going to kill the shifter when in reality they took them to a pack where they could be raised for what they truly were.

"You, my dear, are going to the Blue Moon Pack. The Alpha, which means leader, will meet us at the edge of his territory and take you. Are you okay with that? He won't hurt you."

I whined a little bit, fearful of what was to come. I didn't want to be hurt anymore. I just wanted to be free.

The guy pet my head soothingly. "Everything will be okay Wolfie. You'll make some friends and finish your schooling. Then, if you really don't want to stay, you can leave. You just have to graduate. Now, close your eyes and rest up a little bit. We'll be there soon."

-----

"Sage, have you spent anytime today looking for your mate?" My mother asked from where she sat picking at her manicured nails.

"Mother, please tell me when I had time," I growled at her, irrated. I ran the pack because I am the Alpha, I don't have time. She didn't understand that I don't have a mate, I am already thirty-one and there was no chance of finding her now.

"The Seekers are bringing us another young wolf today, from an orphanage over on the east coast. I have to meet them, but I will look for her tomorrow," I agreed, giving her a hard look.

Ever since Father had passed she had been set on finding me love like she had, but unlike Elliot from the neighboring pack, I had no one to guide my people while I was would be out searching.

She sighed, "I just want what is best for you and the pack Sage. Do you think I want to take the pack away from you? They need the gentle touch of a Luna."

"I know, Mother, I just know I won't find her at my age, but I don't want to take away the happiness of my pack."

She sighed, and I stood from my seat, leaning down to kiss her cheek. "I love you, I've got to go meet them, but I'll see you at dinner."

-----

I watched them step from their car, the last guy who stepped out seemed to have a baby pup swaddled in a blanket.

"A child?" I questioned sternly. Normally wolves did not shift until they were sixteen to eighteen just depending.

"No sir, she's eighteen." He pulled the blanket back a little and the wind blew, stirring the tiny little thing. Her eyes peeked open and found mine, and my heart stopped in my chest.

"Mate."