E P I L O G U E | F I N A L E

THE AMOUNT OF TIMES HE looked out of his apartment window was ridiculous

THE AMOUNT OF TIMES HE looked out of his apartment window was ridiculous. He often pulled up a chair and waited to hear her voice so he could run out and introduce himself and make things right; however, he only ever heard silence. Sometimes, he wanted to go across the hall and knock on her cousin's door just to ask for her number but he chickened out, afraid things would not work out the way he had planned. One wrong move and she could possibly be out of his life forever.

And did he want that?

No.

Nope.

No freaking way.

He waited for nearly eleven months and he was more than willing to wait more if he had to. She was everything and he was not going to lose her, not again. He was not going to allow it. He did what he was supposed to do. If he did right by the world, was he supposed to suffer? It was already hard for him to contain all of these memories of what he had gone through and he had absolutely no one to share them with. If he told someone, they would believe he was crazy and send him straight to an asylum.

This day was different, though.

The one day he decided not to let his window become his television, she showed.

He had just gotten out of the shower, his hair damp from the steam of the hot water. A robe covered his body and his bare feet moved constantly against his tiled kitchen floor as he looked for something to snack on. There were barely any groceries in the house and looking in the same spot over and over again as if a bag of chips would suddenly appear was pointless. He had no money.

But he never once complained.

Why?

Love was so much stronger than money.

Slamming the cabinet door shut, he turned around and started making his way back to his room when he heard it...her voice. It was faint but he had heard her voice so many times before that he knew it was her. Nearly tripping over his own two feet, he raced towards the door and looked through the peephole just to make sure he was not forcing himself to hear things.

"...next time, okay? You know we all miss you."

A male voice, her cousin, responded, "Yeah, you've already told me. Just give me some time to get myself together."

It was silent for a few minutes.

"I'll see you soon."

At the sound of the door closing, Harry opened his, determined to not let her get away this time. She was already halfway to her car when he stepped out and the door slammed shut behind him, causing her to flinch at the sound and look over her shoulder to see what was going on. She had stopped walking and when she noticed Harry staring, she fully turned around and raised her eyebrows.

"Are you okay?"

Of course, he was standing outside without any shoes on in a bathrobe with the biggest smile on his face. She probably thought he was mentally ill or something of the short. Her head tilted to the side a bit and she looked as if she was ready to run if he tried anything. He had finally gotten her attention but he had no idea what to say to her. The words he had prepared to say over the past eleven months suddenly left his mind and he was speechless.