two

[ the love club - lorde ]

[ am • biv • a • lent | adjective | to have contradictiry feelings about something ] 

you rolled down the window and looked at the trees that passed by. you told yourself that you wouldn't give in and agree to go on the tour. but, here you were, sitting in ayla's car, driving to la to meet the band.

how did you let this happen?

well, you knew exactly why. you're a total pushover for people you love, and ayla was on that short list, so you had to say yes to her. besides, going on tour with your best friend, a cute guy, and a couple super talented musicians wasn't the worst thing ever.

"we're almost there!" ayla chirped from the drivers seat. her shoulders length chestnut hair bounced on her shoulders as she wiggled her shoulders. although you were nervous, this situation was a win win for ayla, so she was nothing but excited.

"how much longer?" you groaned.

"five more minutes."

---

shitshitshitshitshitshitshitshit     shit!

you did not think this through. ayla pulled up to the garage, where the sounds of electric guitar tuning and drums rang through the metal door. you turned to ayla to tell her that 1. you couldn't do this 2. to please forgive you and not dislocate your shoulder and 3. you were nervous to meet finn because just looking at him made your heart beat 10x faster. although, you probably wouldn't have said that last one out loud. either way, you didn't get to say anything, because before you could open your mouth, ayla put her hands on your shoulders and looked you in the eyes.

"listen, this is going to be a great experience, and one day you'll thank me."

"bu-"

"ah ah ah," she cut you off and gave you a stern look.

"i'm going to shit myself." you sighed half kidding.

"just not in the car!" she waved her hand in the air and grabbed her guitar, in its case, out of the back of her truck.

you just sighed and followed behind her, tugging on the hem off your shirt. the drums came to a stop and the curly haired kid sitting at them smiled up at you and ayla.

"hey ayles." the kid with an electric guitar in one hand and an energy drink in the other nodded to her.

"jackson, malcom." she greeted with a giddy smirk. "this is y/n."

the boy at the drums, malcom, walked up to you and stuck out his hand. "i'm malcom." you nodded and looked to ayla.

"trust me, i know." you said breathlessly. he gave you a curious look. "no no! i'm not a weirdo, i just- ayla told me a lot about you guys and-," malcom chuckled and shook his head.

"it's cool." he assured you and you smiled shyly. you pulled your hand away and nodded, still looking at the floor.

"y/n's fifteen. a couple months younger than you, malcom." he stepped back and nodded.

"it'll be nice to have someone around my age in the band."

"in the band? i thought i was just coming for the tour?" jack chuckled and shrugged.

"if we decide that you don't suck too badly by the end of the tour, we might let you hang around for a little longer." he chuckled. you let out a small laugh and rolled your eyes.

"i'll try my best not to suck too badly." you told them and ayla wrapped her arms around your back.

"that's my girl!" you laughed and looked around. there were a shit ton off houses, even more trees, and an old couple walking a dog, but no tall, dark-haired boy.

"where's finn?" just asking the question made your ears feel hot.

god damn. get a grip.

"oh he's flying back from a family trip up in canada, he'll be here tomorrow morning." malcom said, walking back to his drum set and twirling the sticks between his fingers. you could feel your face drop and you sighed.

"oh." jack broke out laughing at your reaction.

"what? did ayla get your hopes up and tell you mr. eye candy would be here?"

"eye candy?" you asked incredulously. malcolm chuckled and nodded.

"whenever we perform the girls always go for him. taking his beanies and shit." jack scoffed under his breath.

"i don't know why though. the kids skinny as hell. i'm the one with a six pack." now it was malcolm's turn to scoff.

"that's not true." he told you with a humorous smirk before walking in through the garage.

"how would you know?" jack called after malcom and followed him into the house. 

ayla turned to you with a hopeful smile."so?" she trailed off and looked into your eyes. you suppressed a smile and shrugged.

"i think i'll be okay."

"yes!" she shouted and began skipping into the driveway and singing. "i'm going on tour with my bestie. and she's gonna marry finn wolfhard. and i'll be the best maid at their-"

"okay! okay!" you laughed "keep it down; they could hear you." she still had a wide smile plastered across her face. "i can see why you're not the lead female vocal anymore, jeez," she pretended to be hurt and walked in time with you.

"yeah, this band needs you. and this whole tour thing; it'll work out, trust me."

---

"welcome, welcome! to my house" jack said in a terrible royal accent and a wave of his hands. 

"are we sleeping here?" jack hummed in response and poured a handful of lucky charms into his mouth.

"yep, finn comes tomorrow at 7:00 in the morning and the tour bus gets here at noon" you nodded and grabbed a handful of cereal for yourself.

malcom smiled warmly at you and handed you the duffle bag with your overnight clothes. "i can't wait for you to meet finn. he's gonna love you."

word count - 984

yes i'm aware this is beyond crappy but i just really want to get to the good part lol whoops. ly guys <3