four

[ the less I know the better - tame impala ]

[ love-hate rel • a • tion • ship | adjective | to be emotionally attached to someone, and have deep feelings for them, but to be unsure of what those feelings are ]

---

you dragged your feet after ayla, who was as peppy as ever. she placed her suitcase on her bed, which was the one across from yours.

"i just can't do it ayles. six months! in a trailer! with him!" she groaned and unzipped her suitcase, pulling out a pile of clothes and hanging them in a small closet the two of you would be sharing throughout the tour.

"i don't wanna hear it. you agreed to this and you can't just bail. we need you. he needs you, he just doesn't know it yet." there was a knock at the door, and finn bathed in 0.3 seconds later.

"why would you bother to knock if you're only going to walk in anyways?" he ignored you and handed you your suitcase, which he carried in from jack's house.

"t-thanks." he looked to ayla out of the corner of his eye and clenched his jaw.

"don't mention it." and with that, he turned on his heel and walked out of you and ayla's room, dragging his bags behind him.

"give him a chance." you laid back on your unmade bed and played with the hem of your skirt. you just hoped he'd come around, or else this was going to be a very long trip.

---

you sat up and wiped the drool from your face. it was dark outside, and you could just make out ayla sleeping in her bed, completely wrapped in covers. it was pretty cold in the trailer. maybe the driver liked it that way. you picked up your phone and checked the time,

1:44 am

you slipped on an oversized shirt and a pair of sleep shorts and pushed through the narrow door that's repeated your room from the boys. you walked out into the kitchen and felt your way up the wall until you found a light switch. the room lit up and you made your way to the cabinets, finally able to see. you pulled out a box of lucky charms and a small paper bowl. you poured in milk and grabbed a spoon from the drawer before taking a seat at the small table pushed against the side of the trailer. it was really peaceful this time of night. especially here. there was a quiet rustling and the boys door creaked open. finn stepped out, his dark hair curling around his face in a messy halo.

"you're still up?" you asked him. he nodded and grabbed a bowl as well. you tried not to stare as he furrowed his eyebrows, pouring himself a bowl of cereal.

"can't sleep." he shook his head and laughed dryly.

"i never sleep." he told you, meeting your eyes for a millisecond before looking down at what he was doing. you held in your breath and nodded to yourself. why was it so difficult to talk to him? he was annoyingly intimidating. he set his bowl down on the table and sat down across from you. after a few minutes of eating in silence, he spoke up.

"what's your deal?" he asked, not looking up from his cereal.

"what is that supposed to mean?"

"i mean, why do want to join the band? and why do you hate me?" you rolled your eyes and meant back in your seat.

"i don't hate you. at least not completely. i just don't understand why you're so upset that i'm going on tour with you guys. not that i care, because i don't." you trailed off, trying to regain your confidence. "i'm only doing this for ayla." he nodded and you could feel his eyes on you, but didn't look back at him. again, weirdly intimidating. you shivered as the cold air rushes up your shirt. it was fucking cold on that bus. suddenly the lights flickered off and the buzz of the appliances died down.

"shit," you heard finn mutter under his breath. you jumped and looked around on the pitch black. you couldn't see anything and it was making you nervous.

"finn," you called out, but your voice cracked, cutting you short. you were already on edge, but this made you even more jumpy. you felt his hand on yours and you pulled away, letting out a quiet shriek.

"calm down, it's just me." he said, placing his hand on your shoulder. you took a deep breath and nodded. he stood up and pushed open the door to the room. he skipped into bed and pulled you down with him. you hesitantly rested your head in his shoulder and lifted your legs not the bed. he wrapped hid arm around you, so that his body was spooning yours. your heart rate increased dramatically as he dug his head into the crook of your neck, his eyelashes brushing your cheek.

when did this happen? only a few hours ago, he was yelling because he didn't want you around. and now you were huddled in his bed with his arms around you. what would the others think when they saw you tomorrow? you were too tired to really think about it as your eyelids grew too heavy to keep open.

---

word count - 901