1.New Case, New Place

The front line, what Harry Styles lived for, that hit of adrenalin just before a major bust.

He was more than comfortable with a Glock in his hand. A criminal staring him down.

This was something new though, and he could feel the nerves were getting to him as he pulled the laces of his boots tight and the sleeves of his black waterproof jacket, embossed with the police logo onto his shoulders. You see Sergeant Harry Styles and the rest of his team had been recommended for a transfer along with a bunch of young Australian guys, Luke, Ashton, Michael and Calum, who worked at the local hospital as both doctors and paramedics to a sleepy little village courtesy of H.Q. Although they didn't know the reason, they were about to find out as a meeting had been scheduled for that morning.

Walking out of his bedroom Harry made his way into the kitchen of his apartment to have breakfast, Rushing as he had ten minutes before he had to head to London Police Department.

Exactly five minutes later, he dumped his plate in the sink, telling himself that he would deal with it at a later date, he knew that it would sit there till the house stunk of the rotten food,before going back up stairs and picking up his bag with all his case files and a spare change of clothes in it.

Lucky for Harry he lived only five minutes away from the station, which meant that he could afford to be running 'late' every so often and not be in trouble with his boss.

Walking back down the stairs, he skipped them two at a time, making sure to lock the door behind him. Making his way over to his Orange Range Rover, which was parked on the curb, he turned to take one more look at the 19th century flat that he had been living in for four years. It surprised him when a lump started to form in his throat again when he thought about the imminent move.

Forcing himself to turn away from the house, he opened the car and hopped in, turning up the heater as he went as it was the middle of winter and even for a native of the country it was freezing when outside for more than five minutes. In fact it was so cold that in the last two days they had had over eight inches of snow, when the average it was about half that.

Forcing his mind back to his job for the day, he found himself thinking about where he would be in about six hours.

In no time at all he was pulling into the car park of the station, and making his way through the automatic doors and into the warmth of the air-conditioned reception area. To any civilian coming into the place it would have been a sensory overload, to Harry though it was normal. The shrill ringing of phones, Quiet murmuring of officers doing report filing in their offices, the loud, protestant groans and shouts of the drunk inmates in their holding cells- all this felt almost homely.

Walking up to the desk he said "Hi." to Rachel the receptionist, before grabbing a steaming cup of aromatic coffee off the bench.

Making his way through the maze of long cold white corridors, he was confronted with the potent smell of urine and smoke.

When he finally arrived at his destination, he smiled seeing everyone else already in the staff room waiting for him, all standing around the table in the centre of the room.

It still felt weird to him that he was a police officer, let alone a part of the most highly regarded team of trained officers and dog squad in London at only 25. Even after being in the force for three years he still found it surreal.

Yet there he was standing in front of four other men, all of whom were in exactly the same position. This didn't really make much of a difference though as none of the boys looked like what you would expect a police officer to look like.

Flicking his curly brown hair out of his face, his green eyes fell onto Louis Tomlinson. The oldest on the team of five, he was still only 27 though he would be 28 soon, with feathery brown hair and bright blue-green eyes; he was always up for a laugh. He was passionate about his job; he adored working on the dog squad.