Tears | Izuku Midoriya {angst}

Third Person

She didn't want to do this anymore. She didn't want to keep leading him on. She needs to end it.

And right now, she stood there with him, their hands intertwined with one another. She cleared her throat, getting his attention. "Midoriya?" He replied with a happy smile. He was always fond of the way his name rolled off her tongue.

"What is it?" His smile dropped as he slightly squeezed her hand when he realized that she avoided eye contact with him, her expression wasn't readable. "What's wrong?" A few sniffles could be heard from her.

Her small hand escaped his large, warm one. Her arms fell down to her side. Midoriya stood frozen, not knowing what to do. After a few seconds of debating with himself she looked up at him, sadness and guilt present in her eyes.

"Midoriya..." She squeezed her hands into fists, "Lets break up." Confused, Midoriya let out a unsure chuckle. "You're joking...right?" She let out a sigh, shaking her head. "I-I've been cheating on you. I don't love you anymore. I'm sorry." Tears streamed down her eyes as she looked down, she couldn't face him anymore.

Midoriya felt his entire world end. He loves the girl that stood in front of him so much. He'd do anything for her, her cute personality and pretty face, the way she works out in the battlefield. But now, here she stood, saying that she cheated on him.

"I-I love you, (Y/n)..." Midoriya started rapidly sniffling, blinking his eyes quickly trying to stop himself from crying. He knew that her cheating was a wrong thing but he didn't want to let her go.

"I-is there anyway t-to make this better?" She shook her head again. "I can't keep lying to you, Midoriya. My love for you had faded a while ago. I'm sorry for hurting you. Goodbye, Midoriya." With that, she ran off.

That's when he let it all go. His tears fell out of his eyes. He clenched his hands on his chest as he screamed. Did he do something wrong? He couldn't help but think that it was his fault. But in fact, it wasn't.

"There's no going back, huh?" The tears continued to cascade down his face

"There's no going back, huh?" The tears continued to cascade down his face. It felt as his heart had been shattered into a million pieces. There's no way of fixing his broken heart.

A million thoughts raced through his mind. Maybe he never spent much time with her. Maybe he hadn't shown her much love. Whatever it was, he blamed it on himself. "This is the end then. Goodbye, (Y/n)." He put his hands in his pockets as he walked off, to anywhere but home.