The End

Kahn woke up the next morning to a dew drop falling on his nose. He watched as the drop of icy water slid down his nose and into the shimmering snow. Maybe today he would be like that drop of dew and go and become a particle of snow. He would become human.

But something nagged at him. Something that made him stop. Did he really want to be human? No. He just wanted some friends. That was his purpose. Not to become a human, but to have friends. Maybe he didn't have to become something he wasn't, he just had to be himself.

When the girls came into Kahn's part of the forest later that morning, Kahn didn't hide. He walked slowly over to them, worry sparking in his chest. But confidence filled his stride.

As he approached the girls, the younger one whimpered. The older one squeezed the younger one's hand, assuring her everything was okay. Kahn noticed their hands linked together, and he smiled. 

Kahn stepped to the girls and licked their hands. The younger one giggled and leaned down to pet him. As she swooped down he licked her cheek, noticing the cold touch to it. As she burried her hands in his pelt, the older girl looked and him with curiosity. Finally, she reached down to pet him. As she leaned down, their eyes locked. 

Kahn looked straight into her pupils, and in his mind he said, You are mine, and I am yours. Together, we are one. No matter how cold it gets, we are still friends. In that moment, the girl knew exactly what he meant, human or not.