3- For Good, Not Glory.

Jimmy Darlings P.O.V

I had felt like shit for the last week. Still processing what had happened to Meep; Y/N was to. The night after she found Meeps body he fled to her trailer, tears streaming down her face and she was screaming. From what I have heard from Paul and Evie she was still crying about what had happened, I couldn't blame her, She probably took care of him more than the rest of us. Understanding that it would hit her harder. I could tell she was pissed at us. I knew everyone else was extremely upset about Meeps death but they knew how to cheer each other up when things got hard. I just wanted to talk to Y/N, I need to pick up my own wait and not let her carry everyone else's.

I walked into the main tent to see everyone else there dancing and having a good time, knowing that Halloween was out day off. I noticed Bette and Dot were sitting in a chair near the entrance. They both looked up at me.

"Where have you been?" Dot asked me confused.

"I was digging a grave, for Meep. He was a child.They all are.

 I can't protect any of them

I can't protect any of them. Even the ones I truly care about." I stopped and looked down at my feet feeling failure wash over me.

"You can't blame yourself-."

"Why not? They needed a leader and I failed them." I remember Y/N told me that everyone told her that they looked up to me, the real person that cannot be blaming there self is Y/N. I walked over past the twins and the table everyone was celebrating at and sat down in one of the audiences chairs we had left out, so disappointed in myself I put my head down in my hands.

"Stop! Stop it! What's wrong with you all?!" Bet yelled at everyone and they stop what they were doing to look up at her.

"Dot-"

"Meep is dead! Don't you care?! You're being disrespectful.Look how much pain Jimmy's in. Y/N can't even leave her trailer over how much discomfort she is in. This is wrong! We should remember Meep by working even harder.Maybe dedicating the show today to his memory."

"The show?" Evie looked up at her confused.

"It's Halloween.No freak performs on Halloween.Any idiot knows that." Ma said as she entered the tent.

"It's not fair.They're new.They don't know about that old superstition-"

"Not superstition.It's true."

"What is?" Dot asked still confused.

"Why we don't perform on Halloween.On accounts of Edward Mordrake."

"Who?"

"Edward Mordrake. Aristocrat who lived in the middle 1800s.He was heir to all kinds of titles.Could've been a duke or a lord or some shit, things had been different.Things are never different.An Englishman of noble birth, Edward was a young man with fine attainments.He was a scholar.He was a poet.Musician of rare ability."