Chapter 7

"Hey!"

Harley turned when she heard a familiar voice. Ebony was running up to her.

"Hi." Harley said in return.

"How was your tour with Donavan? Did he try to kiss you?" Her friend asked as she stopped next to Harley.

Harley glanced at her miserably.
"Yeah. He said I was 'different' and 'special' and nearly kissed me, but Tobias intervened and now Donavan's mad at me."

Ebony groaned.
"I was hoping he didn't try to kiss you, how'd he bring it about? Compliments or a fly by?" She asked while undoing her hair and letting it fall in waves around her shoulders.

Harley shrugged.
"He brought me to his special spot in the woods and basically said he loved me." She said with a smile and a shake of her head.

"Dang. It's good that Tobias intervened, in my opinion, he's one of the best frat leaders we have in the school." Ebony sighed and looked behind her at the group of Dark Frat Members whooping and yelling as a fight broke out.

"So what's Tobias's deal?" Harley asked, not caring about the chaos.
"Is he really as weird as Donavan made him out to be? He kept calling him Freak and Spell boy."

Ebony rolled her eyes. She took a short breath before answering Harley.
"Tobias is the Magic Frat leader. He's a bit strange, and his dragon is tiny but super powerful. So is Tobias. He's kind of a weirdo, but he's nice so it's cool."

Harley nodded. She'd figured out most of what Ebony said.
"He just seems... distant." She said quietly.
"Does he have many friends? I didn't see him at Dinner."

"He is distant, and as far as I'm aware he doesn't have a lot of friends. Maybe two or three."
Ebony explained then started walking to the girls dorms.
"You'll be my roomie, my old one just graduated."

As they walked through the dorms, Harley looked at the doors on either side pf the hall. They were littered with pictures and cards. Most had the names of the girls who were staying in them. Ebony stopped when they reached her room, which had only her name on the door. She unlocked it and held it open for Harley.

Ebony's bed was littered with clothes and books of all sorts, but the floor was relatively clean. She just shoved them to the side and plopped down in the open spot. Then she waved at the clean bed, which was for Harley.

"Nice place,"
Harley said politely as she sat on it.
"How are the neighbors?"

Ebony shrugged.
"They're cool, just don't bug them and they won't bug you." She said simply.
"So, did Donavan take you to that little clearing in the woods and then make his move?"

Harley sighed.
"He said I was the first he'd taken there."

Ebony rolled her eyes.
"You're the first I know of but I heard him talking about his secret clearing or something. He didn't take me there. I'm gonna be up for a while still so we might as well talk."

"Fine with me," Harley said, staring at the wall.

Ebony fluffed her hair and sighed.
"Where you from freshman? Wasn't it Pennsylvania?" She asked, trying to start a conversation to distract her mew roommate.

Harley nodded, her eyes heavy.
"Yeah. It was a pretty long drive. I'm surprised I even went. I'm not much for superstition."

"Okay. It was a much longer drive from Maine to DC, but sis and I didn't care." Ebony rubbed her eyes and gave a small yawn.
"Sis totally believed the whole dragon thing, I only went because she was excited about the opportunity, I didn't believe in dragons at all."