Chapter 1:

My name is Y/N.
I didn't have the best of times growing up. Until I was adopted. Until my life changed. Until I was finally loved.

When I was a baby, my father use to get drunk, and abuse my mother. She could no longer take the nights alone, with a screaming child. A baby, who just needed love. She couldn't take the days, when she was hit, and abused by a drunk man, who she once loved.
So one day, one dark day, she took her own life, leaving her child alone in the house, with only a note, and a toy to keep her company.
My father arrived home late, after gambolling at the casino, and found the mother dead, and the baby screaming.
He cried and cried, shouting and smashing things. All I can remember, is  the tears rolling down my cheeks.....
My father then picked me up, and walked out of the house. My mother's
blood, still on his hands.
I can remember smelling the foul stench of alcohol on his breath, as he walked away from the house, with the rain pouring on us, as I screamed and cried.
I barely saw my father, as he was always out, so I didn't recognise this man, grabbing me, and breathing on me. My father took me to a bridge, by a river.
He left me at the river bed, alone, screaming, sitting in the dark, as the rain poured on me.
I watched him jump. I watched him leave the world. The world that had hated me.

After that, I was found, and sent to a care home.
I went to nursery, and got bullied and hurt everyday. So I spent most of the days hidden away in the toilets, crying.
At the age of 7, I was adopted.

I am now a grown lady. I have a good job. And the most special memories. And although they can't heal what has happened, they can certainly make up for it.

My name is Y/N. And this is my story.