Chapter 5

The light of the bright sun shinning through the window made Alexis' eyelids fly open, waking her up to stare at the dirty ceiling above her, she stared at it for a few seconds before sitting in her bed, it wasn't comfy, but at least she had a bed.

"Alexis? You're awake?" A voice rang through the tiny house, instantly a woman entered through the whole were there should be a door but it was empty. She wore a beautiful white dress that wasn't as white since it was old and dirty because she used it a lot and had an apron tied around her waist, her dark brown hair fell over her shoulders and down to her mid back, she had freckles across her nose and cheeks, just like Alexis did, what stood out the most of her, were her bright blue eyes, they were as blue as the sky. The woman sat in the edge of Alexis' bed before engulfing her in a tight hug. "Happy Seventeenth Birthday, Alex."

"Thank you, mother" Alexis smiled as she pulled away from the hug. She always admired how her mom's eyes shined and were full of happiness and positivity at all times, even the hard ones, she envied those eyes and her smile, both of them were so beautiful, she wished she was as beautiful as her mom.

"I couldn't get you anything for birthday..." Her mom sighed as a little of something other than happiness filled her eyes and her smile suddenly wasn't as wide as before, but it didn't last long before her eyes became as bright and her smiled went back to being wide, showing off her perfect teeth. "But i made you a letter, i hope it helps you out whenever you need it" 

Alexis' mom placed her hand out, the letter between her fingers was taken away by Alexis, who analysed the paper, she didn't want to read it in front of her mom because she knew she was probably going to get emotional and she didn't like getting emotional in front of anyone.

"You know i don't care about the gifts or anything like that. As long as i have you it's enough, mother." Alexis smiled as she looked up to her mother, a tear came down her cheek as she stared at her daughter. 

It was no secret that they barely had for the food, both her mother and Alexis worked, but Alexis didn't got paid much and neither did her mother so they had to adjust to that, her mother wearing the same white dress and the same was with Alexis, their house was tiny and it seemed as if it could fall off with the littlest of wind, but they were happy, and together and that was all that mattered for them.

Her mom stood up and walked out of the room, leaving Alexis sitting in her bed with the letter in her hands. Alexis looked back at the window as she felt the lack of light that was there seconds before and she saw as the sky was getting a little cloudy, signaling it would rain. She took a deep breath in before opening the letter, and took a quick glance at the cursive that filled the paper before starting to read it.

"To the most beautiful of them all, 

My little princess, happy seventeenth birthday! You've grown to be such a lovely girl, full of kindness, love and beauty, i truly admire you. You've proven me that there's still good in the world and i can't thank you enough for giving me the hope i thought i had lost when your dad left us. I know i'm not able to give you a life a little better than this, i'm really sorry i can't give you a better bed or that beautiful blue dress you saw the other day, you deserve it, and i'm sorry. I hope one day i'll be able to get that woman make one your size, you'll look like a princess.

I hope in a feature you find the love of your life, Alex. Don't be afraid of falling in love just because of what your dad did, i now believe there's better guys out there. You deserve a guy that will love you endesley, that will protect you and care for you, you deserve someone who thinks your beauty is better than the sunsets, you deserve someone that will be whiling giving their life in order to protect you, and that makes you feel the same way for them, you'll know he's the one when you feel that way, and when you find him, Alexis it will be the most beautiful feeling. I just want for you to find someone that will make you happy, because you deserve it more than anyone.