Chapter 2

I wake up in my room and look around the dark windowless room. "Where's Hunter?" I start to panic but I'm tied down to the bed again. A nurse comes in with a needle. I tried desperately to get free.

"Settle down"the nurse says calmly.

"What are you doing? Where's Hunter?"

"Your parents have forgotten about you so they didn't pay this month. So, we decided to put you to sleep. Hunter has left because he realized that your a crazy, selfish, and annoying person."

"No, he would just leave. Now that I think about it we've only met a day ago."

"Rest tight" the nurse says with a creepy smile.

"Noooooo!!!" I try to with all my strength to get free but I can't. My eyes fill with darkness.

I gasp getting up from bed. Hunter's hands are on my shoulders looking at me with a concerning look.

"Are you ok?" said Hunter

"I um ...... I just had a bad dream.
I look at him and take his hand.
Don't leave me. Don't ever leave me alone."

Hunter squeezes my hand.
"I won't. I promise."

We lay back down and he tells me to go back to sleep. I know I can't so I think about my situation. How did I forget a whole day? What happened on April 7 th?

FLASHBACK
Day: April 7th
BEEP!!
Ugg!! That stupid alarm...
I slowly get up and get ready for school. As I walk downstairs I hear a familiar voice. I walk in I see my mom and dad.

"Hi mom hi dad!"
I wave to them and take a bite of an apple. Then I see her. The girl who thinks that I ruined her life. Tracy. I dated her brother last year but it wasn't working out so I dumped him. He was a big player and was cheating on me. He told her lies, he said that I was awful to him and that I broke up with him for no reason. He ran away that same year. She thinks it all my fault. That I drove him away. But I didn't. Did I?

"Mom, what is she doing here?"

"Ohh, you friend came to visit."

Mom, she's not my friend. She's- I suddenly feel dizzy. I turn to Tracy who is smiling at me with an evil look on her face.

I don't remember anything else that day. Weird.

I wake up Hunter and tell him what I remember.
It must have been that apple I ate.

"Yeah, but thats crazy that Tracy would try to kill you. She must not have known whatever drug she used was that severe."

"Tracy is a lot of things but she would try to murder anyone."
A muscular looking male nurse comes in.
It's time to eat breakfast and sit in the lounge with the other patients.

"Can I just come back here after breakfast?"

"What is this? A hotel? No. You stay with the group."

"But what will Hunter do while I'm gone. Can he eat breakfast with me?"

"No. He will go home." He takes my arm and yanks me off my bed. The bed is pretty tall so it was a hard fall. He almost dislocated my shoulder.

"Owwww!!"

"Hey, what do you think your doing!" Hunter shouts. "You can't just yank someone off the bed! You could hurt them!"

"Who do you think you are? Don't tell me how to do my job." The male nurse says.

"Well if your doing it wrong someone should give you a tip."

The male nurse get really angry and calls two more nurses. He shuts the door behind him.

"Your so full of it kid. You think you can take on me." The male nurse shouts.
Hunter is pretty muscular but he is only 18 and these nurses are huge.
"Make it hurt!" the male nurse yells at his other nurses. They hold him down and start punching him in the stomach. He groans in pain. Tears start coming out of my eyes.

"STOP!! Please!! I'll do anything. I'll behave."

"This is actually perfect. Crystal, why don't you watch your little boyfriend here get beat up until he is bloody."

"Nooo!!!! Pleaseee!!!" I struggle to get free and to get to him but he has such a strong grip on me. Hunter tried to fight back but two against one isn't fair. Eventually, he stops fighting and so do the nurses. Hunter lays there bloody with bruises along his body. The nurse finally lets go so I run up to him. He laughs and tells me I have 5 minutes to get to breakfast and if I'm late he would come back. This time he wouldn't stop.

"I'm sorry. This is all my fault." I manage to say through my cries. I look at his swollen face and body.

"It's ok. We have to get out of here." He croaks.

I hold his bloody hand and repeat I'm sorry softly.
"No, you have to get out of here. Forget about me." (It hurts me to say.)
He slowly gets up and says that I better go. I walk him to the door and kiss him on the cheek goodbye. He says never so softly that I almost didn't hear.
I'm sorry. I leave crying. I can't get the image of Hunter struggling to fight back but can't. Of him being beaten up till he couldn't move. This is all my fault. He would be safer if he never came here. If he wouldn't have ever met me. This is all my fault.