An Alpha's Rejection

All Rights Reserved. ©

An Alpha's Rejection

Prologue

Fatty. Tubby. Pudgy. Double chin. Piggy. Chubs. Porky. Hefty. Jelly belly. Cruel words were thrown at me as I walked in to the cafeteria, stabbing me from anywhere possible, breaking through the air among the loud laughs. Finger pointing, name calling and laughing. I felt a pain in my chest as I was targeted. Why me? Why am I so different? A single tear dropped from the rims of my eyes, staining my rosy cheeks. Quickly wiping it away, I turned around and headed for the door in hope all of this would be over when I was pushed on to the floor. Looking up, I saw Ivy Whitehorse.

Ivy Whitehorse is the most beautiful, slim, perfect, heartless, self centred, rude, arrogant, bitchy girl in Armadillo High. She has absolutely no flaws. Everyone in the school worships her, she’s their master. Why? All because her daddy is the headmaster and she gets away with whatever she likes. Not to mention, she’s filthy rich. Her and her clique own the school; get in their way and your toast. That’s exactly what I was. Black and burnt toast.

“Watch it, Alanna Chubsana,” she spat as anger formed in her eyes. Her words made no sense. Chubsana wasn’t even a word, but no one would dare tell her that. Anything she’d make up were real words – as long as she had said it. I wondered how anyone could like her. She’s nasty. But then it came to me, she was pretty, skinny, beautiful, everything I wasn’t.

And she was dating who I wasn’t – Tyler Treviño, the most gorgeous guy around, the boy everyone wanted, and she had him. He’s also the alpha, and has been ever since his father died, but no one at school knows that but me.

Tyler and I had been good friends before high school. Our families used to be close, too. They just stopped speaking to each other, and I never found out why. Soon enough, Tyler acted as if he didn’t even know me.

“Come on gadget,” Nine-year-old Tyler beckoned me to follow him, referring to my deep interest in tools and mechanical work. “I’ve got a surprise for you.” He flashed me a toothy smile, his unapparent bottom teeth making him look as goofy as ever.

“Where are you taking me?” I asked, already excited, after taking his hand. He always had surprises for me.

“What part of surprise don’t you understand?” he joked, punching my lightly on my thick arms.

After walking about a mile, my hand in his, we stopped at a lake. I could hear the water in the lake splashing against the very few rocks at the sides, and could feel the wind against my skin.

Usually, Tyler’s surprises would be something got to do with mechanics, like car pieces, or tools, but I could already smell what he had in store for me. As I had suspected, on the ground lay a thick humans leg, fat, and just waiting to be tucked into.

“Tyler, you know we aren’t allowed to eat human flesh,” I told him, my eyes not leaving the meaty leg. It was just too irresistibly fleshy to look away.

I could feel him breathing down my neck as he was standing behind me, and he said, “I know, but it was too tempting. I already ate the rest of him, but don’t worry. I buried the bones.”

It did look incredibly tasty, and the person whose leg it belonged to had already been killed so, what difference would it make if I had some?

I took a leap into the air, fur running down me, and I could feel my body changing. As I landed back on the ground, in my wolf form, on all four, I could feel the wind run though my now apparent fur. Taking a look at Tyler, him still in his human form, his brown silky eyes watching over me, I noticed him grinning at me. I didn’t look for long, but instead dug my sharp teeth into the flesh, ripping it from the bone.

Stopping me from my thoughts, Ivy asked her friends, as if I was too unimportant to ask directly, “Why is she still in my way?”

“Uh, I-I’m sorry,” I stammered, after moving out of her way. A girl from her clique made sure to bump me as I passed, almost knocking me over. As they left, they all laughed, and kept laughing until I could no longer hear, since they were already long gone.

***

As I sat in tears in the school hallway, I noticed Tyler. There was nobody but him and I there. He wasn’t walking toward me, but in my direction. I also noticed his glance down at me, but it didn’t last. He looked back up as if he hadn’t even seen me crying there. I thought maybe, just maybe he would stop, and ask if I was okay, but no; instead he walked straight past me.

Annoyed, I stood up behind him. He probably could hear my steps, but didn’t turn around. “Tyler,” I said.

He stopped where he stood, and hesitated a few seconds before actually turned around. My head jerked back, surprised that he had actually turned around for me. Did that mean I still had a chance? I smiled slightly, but couldn’t keep it up. I was too upset to.

“Uh, yeah?” he finally replied, not meeting my eyes, but not anywhere else in particular.

“Long time, huh?” I asked, my face standing blank. I was still kind of annoyed at him for blanking me all these years, but I was slightly happier with him, that this time he hadn’t completely ignored me.

He ran his fingers through his dark, tousled hair, and responded with, “I guess.”

I thought about it over and over – if I didn’t say it now, I might not have ever been able to again. I knew that if I wasn’t to tell him, I’d always wonder what if

Clearing my throat, I said, “Tyler… I know this is crazy and everything, but I miss you. I really do, more than you can imagine. I could go on about what I miss, but it’s only a matter of time before class. Tyler, I love you.”

He blinked twice, and just as I thought he’d say he loved me too, he erupted in to laughter, and then a second later, what sounded like hundreds of laughs joined in too. I gasped as I turned around, noticing the huge audience that had been behind me. Red faces, out of breath with laughter, all pointing at me.

I turned back to Tyler and tears began to fall from the rims of my eyes, dropping onto my clothes.

After catching his breath from laughing, Tyler told me, ever so simply, “I’d never like a dork like you.”