Chapter 2

Chapter Two
"Sometimes the person that's best for you is right in your face."

Chris's POV

I woke up the next day getting ready for work. I guess Myles was still mad at me, but I don't understand why. If I don't want a relationship, I don't want one. I just want him to realize that it's not easy to find someone for you. I sighed and got into the shower letting the hot water fall on me. I washed then brushed my teeth and all that other shit. I put on a white wife beater and put my uniform shirt over it with some black jeans which I sagged and black timbs. I shoved my phone in my pocket then got my keys and left for work.
I hopped in my Range Rover and turned the radio on blasting Move that Dope by Future and headed to the shop.
Monty was like a father to me after my parents died. He took me in with his wife, so I began to call them pops and moms.
I walked into the shop greeting them.
"Wassup pops. Morning mama." I said as I kissed Ms. Janice, Monty's wife, on the cheek.
"Wassup boy?" Pops asked.
"Nothing. Myles staying with me for a couple days." I said as I sat down.
"Yeah well tell him to stop by. He ain't never too old to come see us." Ms. Janice said as Pops went to go help a customer.
I nodded and laughing. "Aight."
I got up ready to go help another customer that Pops called me to help.
I walked over to a woman who looked to be about my age. She was brown skinned and had straight shoulder length hair. She had brown eyes and had a flat stomach. She smiled at me with her hand out. "Hey, I'm Simone Johnson."
I shook her hand. "I'm Chris."
"Well let me show you my car." She began walking towards a Toyota Maxima.
As she walked, I couldn't help but stare at her ass. It was a very pleasant sight. As we approached the car, she looked at me. "This is it."
I nodded. "Ok, what seems to be the problem?"
"Well, my engine continues to shut off and my tail light is broken."
I examined the car.
"How much will it cost?" She asked me.
"I don't know exactly how much yet but probably around $200 or $250.
I started to examine the engine. "Yeah, the engine has to be replaced, and so does the tail light."
I got up and noticed her staring at me.
I looked at the direction she was staring at my abs. My wife beater was sticking to my chest because I was sweating.
I chuckled. "Um, Simone? You done staring at my abs or nah?"
She snapped outta her trance and rolled her eyes at me. "I wasn't even staring."
I smirked and she asked. "Can I get it for a cheaper price? I can't afford it really."
I looked at her. "I can't drop the price. It's the cheapest we can go."
I walked back inside the shop and she followed me. "Please."
"You're gonna have to talk to Ms. Janice about that." I said as I continued walking inside.
She went to Ms. Janice and was pleading with her for a lower price. I chuckled and helped several other customers until I heard Ms. Janice calling me over.
As I got over there, I discovered that Simone was still there. (hours have passed) "Yeah?" I asked.
"Simone needs a ride. You can take off the rest of the day but please give her a ride."
I sighed because I don't wanna drive her anywhere. She got here on her own so why can't she go home on her own.
I nodded and walked towards my car.
She got into the passenger side as I got into the drivers side.
"Thank you so much. I have to go pick up my baby. Can you drop me there first then drop me home?"
I shrugged my shoulders and turned up the radio.
She directed me where to go and I parked in front of the house as she knocked on the door. Some guy came out holding a baby and smoking a cigarette. I looked at Simone who was yelling at the guy. I. sighed and lit a blunt as I waited for her to finish. She got the same ole' typical baby daddy drama and frankly, I didn't wanna deal with it.
I continued to smoke my blunt until she opened the door and got in with a baby boy.
I smashed the blunt and opened the window to air out the smoke.
I drove as she gave me directions to her house.
It wasn't until we stopped in front of a beat down house when I noticed a bruise on her face and tears rolling down her face.
I looked at her sympathetically. "Who did that to your face?"
She sniffed alittle. "Don't worry about it. I'm fine."
Before she could get out the car, I did a U turn and headed to my house.
She looked at me like I was crazy. I just ignored her looks and drove bobbing my head to the music.
When we got to my house, I opened the passenger door and took the baby from her arms. I walked into my house with Simone following me.
When I walked in, Myles was in the living rom watching tv.
Myles jumped up when he saw Simone.
"Yo bro. Who's this?" He asked.
"Simone, this my little brother Myles, that's Simone. "
Simone waved at Myles and he returned the gesture with a confused look.
I motioned for Simone to follow me as I led her to my bedroom.
I laid the baby down in the middle of the bed then told Myles to watch the baby as I helped Simone with her bruise.
I bought her an ice pack wrapped in paper towel and she put it on her face.
"You can sleep in my room." I told her.
"No. Where are you gonna sleep? I could've went home."
"Nah. You know damn well that this apartment is more pleasant than that raggedy ass house you're living in. Plus I saw all the eviction notices."
She looked down and I repeated myself. "You can sleep in my room."
"Thank you." She whispered.
I just nodded my head and got some blankets and a pillow for me to sleep on the couch.
"Yo Chris. What the hell?" Myles asked.
"What?" I asked making myself comfortable on the couch.
"You aight? I'm shocked that you even let a girl in your house. Now you letting her and her baby sleep in your bed? What's good with you?"
I shook my head. "Nothing. She ain't got nowhere to go. It's only for tonight. "
Myles shook his head smiling and walked into the room he was staying in.
I just laid on the couch thinking.
Damn, Myles might be right. It ain't normal for me to let a female into my house. I guess I have a weak spot for her. It ain't nothing serious. I'm just helping her out of sympathy. that's it. I think....

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

-Jay