Episode 80

The day went by quite quickly for Joe and Demi. Whilst Demi was cooking breakfast for them Joe got onto the phone to the police reporting Ethan for the threats he made towards Demi. Demi had told them about the time he had grabbed her wrist but she had assured them and Joe that was the only time he had gotten physical with her. The police were opening an investigation on it, questioning Ethan too but there wasn't anything to prove the allocations against him. It annoyed Joe that they wouldn't do anything but Demi could understand. Nothing could prove that he said that to her. She was just glad that they were still looking into it and questioning Ethan.

"I'm gonna get someone to keep an eye on you whilst I'm on stage." Joe sated as he tied his shoes up.

"I'm capable of looking after myself."

"I just want to make sure Ethan doesn't come around here and talks to you," Joe urged. "Hey, do you have marks on your wrist from when he grabbed you?" Demi sighed shaking her wrist as she looked down at her arm.

"No, it might have been there after he left but not now." Demi replied and Joe groaned slightly slumping down next to her.

"I just wish they had enough evidence to even keep him in the police station until we can prove it... I just don't know how."

"We'll be fine Joe, I don't think he's capable of anything." Demi assured him and she smiled when he pulled her onto his lap and she pecked his lips gently. She knew he was worrying about it.

"I love you, I just want to see you and the boys okay. I don't know what I'd do if anything happened to any of you." Joe stated.

"And the same goes for me," Demi replied running her fingers through his hair a little bit. Joe closed his eyes in satisfaction and Demi smiled as his hand moved up to her swollen stomach. "But the boys are at home with my mom and dad, they'll be in bed now ready to watch daddy perform in the morning. You're going to be on stage doing what you love and I'm going to be back here watching you. You have nothing to worry about."

"Mmmm I guess I don't." Joe replied.

"And tonight we can celebrate having nothing to worry about." Demi whispered in his ear and he smirked slightly opening his eyes again making her laugh.

"I love these hormones already,"Joe grinned attacking her lips with a kiss and she kissed him back before she pulled away laying her head down on his forehead. "I'm glad I have you back."

"And I'm glad I didn't have to put up an act anymore."

"Just tell me in future alright? We don't need to hide anything in this relationship." Joe assured her.

"I know that now, does this mean we can put our wedding rings back on. Because we are married remember." Joe chuckled.

"Yes, we'll do it tonight." Joe promised kissing her temple.

"Can I tell you something?" Demi questioned.

"Sure, what's up?" Joe inquired.

"I really need to pee." Demi stated getting off him and he couldn't help but laugh as she went over towards the bathroom withing the dressing room. He stood up too preparing for the show.

Demi was soon stood backstage just off the side of the stage. She enjoyed watching Joe like this at the side rather than through a screen. She could do that at home but she was here with him so she may as well watch him in the flesh. She could see how much he enjoyed what he did. How much he put into every performance he did. It didn't matter whether he was in his hometown like tonight or abroad, he put one hundred percent in each time.

"Is everything okay?" Demi questioned as one person rushed onto stage slightly but she just saw him handing Joe another microphone.

"His microphone just wasn't working properly, that's all." He replied and Demi nodded her head gently smiling when he turned to her winking at her slightly but she stuck her tongue out at him making him roll his eyes playfully at her. She could hear the crowd cheer out for him more and he soon begun his next song which was up on his set list the band playing along with him. She had always enjoyed the fact he had a live band with him. It sounded better live than having a CD track playing in the background. Suddenly Joe had stopped singing and screams filled the audience and Demi looked onto stage her eyes widening when she saw Joe had fallen to the floor. She rushed onto stage along with a couple of other people.

"Joe what's wrong?" Someone asked and Joe winced but they all looked down at his side seeing blood seeping through his fingers.

It was clear he had been shot.