Part Two

Anakin looked around the hallway, not a soul in sight.

“Good.” He thought.  Anakin quietly knocked on the metallic door and waited nervously for a response.  The door opened after a couple of seconds and Anakin smiled.  So did the figure at the door.

“Hello Master Jedi.” The person said.  Anakin chuckled.

“There's no one here Padmé.” He whispered. Padmé breathed a sigh of relief and stepped beside the door. “Would you like to come in?” Padmé asked playfully.  

“But of course.” Anakin responded back with jest and stepped inside the apartment. Padmé laughed, her eyes sparking.  Anakin closed the door and quickly took Padmé in his arm and kissed her.  

“Ani, I missed you so much.  Do you always have to be away? I miss you everyday…” Padmé breathed and hugged him tightly.

“Me too Padmé, sometimes I just want to quit and be with you forever.  I just… don’t know if I should or how to do it.  It’s all I know, but I can’t stand being away from you.  It’s agony.” Anakin said.

“No, Anakin, don’t quit because of me. Don’t quit on your dream.” She mentioned.

“But dreams change Padmé, I like being a Jedi but its hard sometimes…” He said, his voice trailing off.

“I know Anakin… I know.”

Afterwards, she led him to the couch.  His face suddenly turned pale, remembering why he came here. Padmé’s eyes suddenly were filled with concern.

“Ani, are you okay?” She wondered. Anakin sighed and ran his hand through his hair, Padmé knew that habit too well. She grabbed his hand and interlocked it between hers.

“Ahsoka left.” He told her.  Padmé looked confused, she raised an eyebrow.

“What do you mean she left?” She asked.

“She just left the Order.  The Jedi counsel was asking for her back, I asked for her back and she refused.” Anakin replied.  Padmé’s face turned to one of sympathy.  

“I am so sorry Anakin.  Ahsoka was a great person, I am just so sad that she went all through all that and she was innocent.”

“Me too, I never got to thank you for defending her.” Anakin stated. Padmé nodded.  “But that is not what is really bothering me.” Padmé squeezed his hand and looked deep into his eyes.

“What is really wrong?” She asked seriously.

“When Ahsoka left, I went after her.  She couldn’t just give up everything she worked so far just by one incident.  I wanted to to save her from making a stupid mistake so I told her that I know what it was like to want to leave the Jedi Order, more than she knew.  She then told me that she did know.  Then she walked away.” Anakin sighed once more and looked down and ran his thumb over Padmé’s hand.  

“Do- do you think she knows?” Padmé question, her voice faltered.

“I don’t know.  I am not sure of anything anymore Padmé.  I am just nervous, if Ahsoka did know, who knows who she could’ve told.” He mentioned.

“I don’t think Ahsoka would do that.  She would understand.” Padmé said.

“I am not sure, I am breaking the strict Jedi Code.  You are suppose to report anyone breaking it.” Anakin stated.  Padmé almost burst out laughing.

“Ani, when has Ahsoka ever followed orders? You have influenced her a lot. And if she did tell them, why haven’t they said anything yet?” She told him. Anakin slightly laughed.

“I guess you are right, I'm still just worried.” He confessed. Padmé kissed his cheek and laid her head on his shoulder.

“I know, Ani, I know.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ahsoka bartered food once again for someone’s cloak.

“It’s a little big but it going to have to do.” She thought. She walked around the poorer parts of Coruscant,  passing Letta Turmond’s now abandoned house.  Ahsoka stopped and stared at it, she was here only two days ago, and she was a Jedi then.  Ahsoka shook her head and kept walking.

“I am not sorry, I am not sorry, I can’t go back, I’ll look like a coward, I am done with them, I am not sorry.”  Ahsoka remembered that she needed to find out about her master, what he was hiding.  She had to come here, if anyone knew anything about getting archived information, it was here.

Ahsoka suddenly stopped and looked around, her senses told her someone was here.  She knew exactly who it was.  A gun was then pointed at her from the black shadows, the owner of it was not yet to be seen.

“Ventress!” She called out. Ahsoka looked up at the metal balcony above her and put her hands up. “I know you are here!  I can sense you. I come in peace!”  The imfamous Asajj Ventress stepped out of the shadows.

“So, now that you are now innocent, you are coming to take me back to the Jedi. That’s not happening.” Ventress said, her voice filled with spite.  Ahsoka removed the cloak from the head.  

“I am not a Jedi anymore, I left.” Ahsoka informed her. Ventress eyes went narrow and put her gun down suspiciously.

“You did what?” She asked.

“I said I left.  They didn’t trust me, I can’t trust them.  They were going to kill me Ventress.  They never believed me, so why should I believe in them?” Ahsoka told her.

Ventress leaned against the balcony now and laughed. “I knew the Jedi were no good.  Now look at you, running all alone in this great big world.  You get used to it.” She then stopped abruptly and stared at Ahsoka once again. “Why are you here, you mustwant something from me.”

“I need to find out some information that may or may not be true.  I need you to break into the archives of the Jedi Temple.” Ahsoka stated.  Ventress laughed again.

“I am sorry, but no amount of money that you can give me would ever make me break into the Jedi Temple.  Especially now, they are on high alert ever since the bombing incident.” She said smirking.

“I never took you for a coward Ventress.” Ahsoka said mockingly.

“I am not a coward, but I am not stupid either.  You would be stupid to break into the Jedi Temple at all, let alone now.” Ventress stated. “Sorry Ahsoka, you are on your own now, you have nothing I want, nothing I can gain and credits are not something Jedi have a lot of.  I can’t help you anymore.  You were lucky I had some sympathy for you.”

“Fine.” Ahsoka said and walked away as but right before Ventress disappeared back into the shadows she said “Things have changed Ahsoka, good luck.” WHen Ahsoka turned around Asajj Ventress was gone.  Ahsoka sighed and looked down at the ground.

“I guess I’m going to have to do this the hard way.” Ahsoka thought and grabbed her Jedi comlink that was still in her possession.  She ripped off the frontal part and messed around with the wires.  

“Almost got it.” She mumbled to herself. She pushed two wires together and they clicked.  Ahsoka smiled and turned it on.  It worked.

“I’ll be on your next mission, master.”