Part Four

As Anakin and Padmé walked towards the Jedi Cruiser they were going to be taking to Ryloth, Captain Rex approached them, trying to hide his smug face.  He saluted Anakin.

“General.” He said.

“At ease, Rex.” Anakin responded, waving his hand as a gesture for ease.

“I see you have Senator Amidala coming with us.” Rex mentioned acknowledging Padmé. Padmé smiled back.  “It is always a pleasure having you with us Senator… sadly, you are one of the only senators that care for us clones.”

“Thank you Rex, it is always a pleasure to see you and your men as always.  Keep up the good work Captain.” She stated.

“Thank you.  Are we ready for departure sir?” Captain Rex asked Anakin.

“Yes, set the course to Ryloth, hyper speed.  We need to get there as quick as we can to help the people.”

“Of course.” Rex said and turned around to the clones that were loading the cruiser “Finish loading boys, we’re headin’ out!”  

“Yes, sir!” The clones echoed and hauled the last of the supplies onto the ship.  Anakin and Padmé smiled at each other and boarded the starship.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The ship lifted off into the air and Ahsoka stealthily used the force and jumped on top of the cruiser without being detected.  She quietly ran across the ship and looked fervently for a hatch to get inside the ship before it went into space.  Ahsoka sighed, she couldn’t see any hatches and in two minutes, they would be in space.  She decided to use what her master taught her and she actually sat down criss cross on the starship.  She took a deep breath and quieted her mind.  The force flowed through her, even though the Jedi “abandoned” her, the force didn’t.  Ahsoka then smiled, she got up and ran over to the far side of the Jedi Cruiser.  She popped open a panel of the ship and twisted the hatch door until it opened. Ahsoka jumped in and closed it right as ship exited Coruscant’s atmosphere and entered space.

“There’s no going back now.”

Ahsoka looked around taking in her surroundings.  Empty room.  Small empty room.  Small empty room with a door.  She knew she needed to look around but no one could see her… NO ONE.  She closed her eyes and let the force guide her.  She sensed no one outside her door but she faintly sensed the presence of her master on board this ship.  Ahsoka then facepalmed, he would be able to sense her! And the alarms! Why weren’t they going off!

“How stupid….” She thoughtHopefully, he will be distracted.  And the alarms...”

Ahsoka walked over to the door that led out into the hall of the and grabbed the handle.  She turned it and peeked out of the small crack she made.  The force was right… no one.  She opened the door more but it squeaked as it did, she cringed.  She stepped out and closed the door.  Ahsoka started walking cautiously down the hallway and flinched at every single noise she heard.  As she turned the corner, she felt her master’s presence to be extremely close and just as this registered she heard the footsteps and sounds of clones… and a senator… and her master.  Ahsoka made a face that looked like she was about to scream and hid in the corner that turned into that hall, it was narrow but she fit somehow. She held her breath and bit her lip, hoping that her master would not turn this corner. As they grew closer, Ahsoka started making up excuses in her head to tell Anakin. The only one she could come up with was “Hi… master!” while waving.  

“Very convincing.” She thought. The clone troopers were asking Padmé questions about her past while Anakin was listening intently.  As they all passed that corner, Anakin abruptly stopped and put his hand on his head.  He shook his head and kept walking, trying not to draw attention to himself.  Ahsoka grinned, she was in the clear.  She bolted down the hall she was on.

“You’re time is up master.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anakin shook his head and kept walking. She couldn’t be here… it was impossible.  His mind was playing tricks on him.  He put on a smile and walked with the clones and Padmé down to the war room.  Captain Rex was in there and started briefing everyone on the mission.  He eyed Anakin and Padmé as they entered the room and a sly smile crept upon his face.  He continued briefing the mission through the holo table and pointing out certain points on the hologram Ryloth.  Anakin tried to concentrate but it was so difficult due to the fact that he still sensed his padawan.  Padmé glanced over at him and could read his emotions.  She quickly squeezed his hand and gave him a tight smile before the other clones could notice.  

“Does that sound like a good idea General?” Clone Captain Rex asked Anakin, breaking his thoughts.

“Uh... Yeah.” Anakin said then cleared his throat and recovered from being put on the spot. “Yes, Rex, that sounds like an excellent plan.”  Rex nodded and saluted.

“Men, get ready! We will be landing shortly.” Rex shouted at the clones.

“Sir Yes Sir!” The clones echoed.  Anakin slipped out of the room as the cacophony surrounded him.  Padmé saw Anakin leave and also quietly slipped out of the room. He quickly started down the hallway and Padmé yelled “Anakin!” He turned around as she ran up to him.

“Anakin, what- is- wrong?” Padmé asked and her face acted like she was almost scared.

“I sense her.”

“Who?”

“Ahsoka.”