Chapter nine

"Ano bang nangyari talaga?" tanong ni Sairha as she put two cups of coffee on the table. Nag-uusap sila ni Tishka sa office nila inside the flower shop matapos mawala ito at hindi um-attend ng anniversary event nila. "Your whole family was there sa event. Well, Stan wasn't. Bakit pa ba ako mabibigla? Dumating siya para lang sunduin ang parents mo at ibalita na tinawagan na niya ang mga pulis to search for you."

She remaind silent as she stared out the glass window. It was morning so the streets were teeming with life. "Please don't tell anyone. Promise me."

Tumango si Sairha. "I'm your best friend."

"I'm trying to find a way to break my engagement with Stan."

"Oh my God! Sa wakas, nagising ka na rin sa katotohanan na you deserve better. Pero bakit biglang nagbago ang isip mo? What happened?"

She smiled but it didn't reach her eyes. "I heard sa CR ng Le Jardin na may bagong kinahuhumalingan si KC Santamaria, the model."

Sairha's eyes grew bigger, expecting for the answer. 

"Stan is her new conquest. I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt so tumakbo kagad ako sa condo niya. Ashton was here early so he gave me a ride. I found her in his condo, wearing his damn shirt," she narrated, emotionless this time. Naiiyak na niya lahat ng pwede niyang iiyak the past few days.

"Bitch," Sairha muttered. "Sabi na nga ba. Walang hiya talaga ang lalaking 'yon. Sabihin mo na 'to ngayon din kina Tita Elsa. Alam na ba nila?"

"My parents don't know and I don't intend to tell them. I just want our engagement broken off."

"You better!" At hinampas nito ang table. "Sabi na nga ba, gago 'yong lalaking 'yon."

"But he doesn't want to break it off. He's making it so damn hard."

"Bakit ayaw niya?"

Nagkibit balikat siya. "My family would benefit theirs in the long run. Mutual naman. We will benefit from them, too. I guess him being a businessman knows this too well. Kaya ayaw niyang i-break ang engagement namin. Our lands in Pangasinan would serve them well."

"Then, threaten him na kapag hindi ka niya pinakawalan, sasabihin mo lahat-lahat."

****

She arrived in the restaurant where Stan intend to have dinner with her. Bandang alas-tres ng naisip niya na kailangan na nilang magusap ng masinsinan para i-break ang engagement. He said he'll be free for dinner to talk it over.

When she came in the door, the butler asked for her name and escorted her to a reserved spot where Stan was waiting. He was looking gorgeous in his damn suit alright! Pero malay ba natin, kakatapos lang nila ng make out session nila ng bitch na 'yon.

"Hi," he stood up and pulled up the seat across him.

"Thanks," she murmured as she sat down.

"I ordered the bestsellers, if you don't mind. You can check the menu if you want anything else."

Umiling siya. "It's fine. I don't think this conversation will last long."

His face was brooding with anger again though he tried his best to hide it. 

"I'll go straight to the point. I want you to be the one to talk to your parents about breaking off our engagement, Stan. You, of all people, will be the one to convince them."

Napatawa ito. "You don't know them, sweetheart. You think basta-basta na lang sila papayag? And your parents, I doubt--"

"I'll tell them about the affair para pumayag sila. I guess they'll finally understand me kapag sinabi ko ang totoo."

He remained silent, calculating his next words.

 She continued after hearing his silence. "I'm sure Tita Cynthia and Tito Rey will understand. My parents might even be the one to break it off ASAP kapag nalaman nila."

"I broke up with her."

"I don't think that's supposed to fix this and make me feel better. Sorry, Stan. My mind is made up. Convince your parents your own way or sasabihin ko ang totoo sa kanilang lahat."

"You're threatening me now? Where was my old, sweet Tishka?"

"Hindi ako nakikipagbiruan, Stan. This is my ultimatum." Saktong dumating ang mga in-order na pagkain ni Stan. 

As soon as the waiter left, Stan spoke up again. "Or I can turn the story around and tell them that you wanted out of the engagement because you're having an affair with Ashton. That's why you were gone. In-attempt ninyong magtanan. I have photos to prove you were in his resort the whole time you were gone."

Naningkit ang mga mata ni Tishka. Who is this man before her? He is pure evil. "Napakasama mo." Her fists balled up on top of the table. "Wala kaming ginawang masama ni Ash."

"And now you call him Ash? Malay ko ba kung anong ginawa ninyo. Matagal kayong nawala. Ash filed for leave of absence and he never does that. That's when I suspected he was with you."

"Huwag mong idamay dito si Ashton. Wala siyang ginawang masama. He just happened to be there when I needed someone, when my fiance was cheating on me." A tear escaped no matter how much she tried to be emotionless.

His eyes reflected sadness, but it was quick. It was gone as soon as she noticed. "I'm sorry. But we both know this is an arranged marriage. We have no feelings for each other and we were just trapped so I assumed it will be okay to have someone else."

"I liked you. Didn't you notice? I did things for you, tried to be close to you."

"I'm sorry." He tried to reach for her hands on the table but she pushed his hands away.

"Too late, Stan. You've already hurt me. I can't get married to a guy who doesn't respect me at all." She stood up and grabbed her purse.

"I'll drive you home," he said while reaching out to her arm which she pushed away yet again.

She started walking out of the restaurant to hail a taxi when he grabbed her arm. 

"I said I'll take you home," he said angrily.

She looked up to him. "Why the sudden care? I can take care of myself. You go talk to your parents." 

And all of a sudden, he dragged her by her arm to the parking lot of the restaurant. 

"What the! Let go of me! Stan, ano ba!" Hanggang sa narating nila ang kotse nito, wala siyang narinig na sagot dito. Tahimik at madilim sa parking lot. Walang katao-tao. Walang kahirap-hirap na binuksan ni Stan ang kotse, ipinasok siya sa passenger seat sa harap, at ini-lock iyon. He went inside the driver seat and started the ignition. "Just the thought of sitting where that bitch sat infuriates me. She's a dirty whore and I don't deserve--"

"I never drove for her. She's never been inside my cars." He started backing the car and getting out of the parking lot. Mabilis itong magpatakbo.

She remained silent, as if that will make her feel better. She just decided to enjoy the view. After about ten minutes, she realized it wasn't her way home. "S-Stan, saan tayo pupunta?" It was going towards the expressway

Stan was quiet.

"Stan!"

"I have a resort, too, you know."

"Bababa ako. Hindi ako sasama sa'yo."

"Too late, sweetheart. You're with me now."

***

Sabi nga ng matatanda, kapag hindi madaan sa santong dasalan, daanin sa santong paspasan. Kapag hindi pa rin, kidnap-in na 'yan! LOL Vote naaa!

#AWOW

#Kidnapping