Part Eleven: A Name

Ethan's POV:

When he asked me who I was, I was heartbroken. I didn't know what to say. I wanted to tell him who I was and that we were married. But I just stared. I couldn't do anything but stare and cry.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He asked, his voice full of worry.

I stood there, unable to walk.
"I... I'm your husband. We have been married for almost a year. We have been friends since forever.. please.. remember something.."

He looked at me kinda funny.

"Wait. You mean to tell me that I'm married? To my best friend?" He asked.

"Yes you are. We are happily married. As a matter of fact, we got married right here in this hospital. I was shot on our wedding day and we decided to tie the knot here." I told him, hoping that he would remember something.

He stared at me, his face looked like he was really trying to remember.

"Is my name Ethan?" He asked. I shook my head, finally walking close to him.

"No, that's my name, but I'm glad that you remembered something." I told him. It was a start. I held his hand, and to my surprise, he intertwined our fingers.

"I'm sorry..." He muttered.

"Sorry for what?" I asked.

"I'm sorry that I can't remember.. I know it's hurting you, and I want to remember, but I can't. No matter how hard I try, I just can't. I'm happy that your name came up, but I want to remember everything." He explained, tears falling from his face. I used my thumb to wipe the tears away.

"I know, baby, but you have to be strong. Even though it's only my name, it's still a good sign. Your memory will come back. It's just going to take some time. And I'm willing to wait forever, because I love you." I said.

He laid his head on my chest and put a hand on my lap.

"Even if I don't, I think I'm falling for you all over again."