Chapter 1 Page 1

(Novaa in picture)
-Novaa's Point Of View

I headed downstairs patiently waiting for my God Mother to get ready. We just moved down here a few weeks ago from New York for my God moms new job. Her friend, Cleopatra, had got her a job at nursing at the this hospital where she works. Today she started working and I started school. Cleopatra was going to drop us both off today since my moms car still hadn't gotten brought here.

Today was my first day and I honestly wasn't nervous at all. I wasn't going to interact with any kids or teachers unless they talked to me first. I was going to keep my head down and mind my business.

I was never the talkative one, I always stayed alone and wrote in my journal and sometimes drew. Making friends weren't really my thing, I wasn't anti social or anything I just didn't like people.

"Okay okay I'm done" my mom said while jogging down the stairs with her purse in her bag

I nodded slowly as my eye traveled to my phone

"Uh uh, give me your phone you aren't going with it . All you'll do is focus on that instead of making friends and learning" she said reaching out for my phone

"Stop" I rolled my eyes as I placed it in my pocket once I heard a car honk signaling that Cleopatra was outside .

We both walked out the car to see an older boy about my age get out of the front seat and into the back.

He looked extremely weird, he wore a chain choker, a wife beater, black and white square flannel, black ripped jeans and black vanz.
He also had tattoos all over his face and arms.
I mean the outfit suited him, I don't think I'd ever seen an actual guy pull something like that off so I give him props for that.

I walked into the car and greeted cleopatra

To the left of me was the boy my age and a little boy, I gave an awkward smile and then stared out the window. I could feel the boy staring at me even more and I felt uncomfortable .

"Novaa, the two next two you are my sons, Jahseh and Aiden" cleopatra said "I think you and Jahseh have a lot in common"

I nodded slowly as I glanced over at them, still being watched my the older boy so I stared back at him

I squinted my eyes confused onto why he was staring at me for so long. He didn't budge at all.

We soon arrived at a big ass school with s bunch of pretty ass girls. I felt like this was some school for modeling or something cause the way these girls dressed...

I got out of the car before thanking Cleopatra for the ride and looked at Jahseh

"Give me your schedule" he said lowly as I handed it to him

His voice was raspy

He looked at the paper and began walking, I guess I had to follow. I followed him into this large room filled with history books. Everything looked like some 80s tv show which made me feel weird. Jahseh then led me to the back, taking a seat the right where I sat.

A few minutes later kids raced in here before catching a detention. Everyone took a seat, some stared at me and some didn't notice . It didn't phase me though.

"X is here early ?" Some boy laughed as he took a seat in front of Jahseh

"Fuck you Ski" Jahseh chuckled as he shooked his head

"Ski" stared at me and so I stared back

"I'm Ski" he put his hand out

My eyes followed his hand then back at his face. I nodded and turned my attention back to the front.
I wasn't here to make friends or talk to people.

"Bitch" ski said as he turned to Jahseh

Jahseh laughed

" she doesn't talk as much"

"So she's like you" Ski asked

Jahseh kissed his teeth