Shameless

The twins were moving in today. I was watching them from across the street with Teagan and Artie.

It was Father's Day, and since all of our fathers are deadbeats, we decided to not acknowledge Father's Day at all.

A big moving truck was parked out the front of the house, and a middle-aged man and woman were frantically moving furniture in and out of the house.

"I bet they're assholes," Teagan said.

"I bet they're not. You know how Ashley exaggerates, they're probably really nice people," Artie replied.

At that moment door to the car parked out the front opened, and a boy our age stepped out. He had dark brown, almost black hair, and he was tall and lean. He was wearing a black leather jacket and dark blue jeans, and he was the best looking boy I've encountered for a long time.

"Damn..." I heard Teagan say.

The door to the other side of the car opened, and a girl stepped out. It was obvious they were twins, she had the same colour hair, the same face shape, and the same body type. They even dressed the same, she was wearing a leather jacket and a dark blue jean skirt. She was prettier than any girl at our school.

"Well, its offical," I said, standing up. "There's no way they're gonna want to be our friends."

"We don't know that. How 'bout we just go say hello?" Artie said.

I didn't get a chance to say no, because Artie was already crossing the street. Teagan and I shared a look, but reluctantly followed him.

When Artie reached the house, the twins noticed us and shared glance with each other.

"Uh, hey. I'm Artie, this is Teagan and Ellie," Artie introduced us, "We live around here. We know Ashley."

George and Georgia looked at each other and laughed.

"I bet she told you all about us. Oh, Ashley. So obsessed with us, yet so lame," Georgia said, flipping her hair over her shoulder. "I'm Georgia."

"George," George gave us a head nod.

"So are you guys South Side?" Georgia asked.

"Yeah. I live a few houses down from here," I answered.

"That's good. We've made a decision to only be friends with South side people. The North side's are too stuck up. We know, we had North and South sides back in New York," George said in relief.

I shared a glance with my friends, we all knew what this meant.

"Well, at school there are these girls, Averi and Jacinta, and they really want to be friends with you. They're North side," Teagan said.

Georgia scoffed, "Well you can tell them to stay away from us. And if you don't, I'll be sure to do it myself."

I smiled at the satisfaction of someone not wahted to be friend with Averi and Jacinta.

"George, Georgia! Come and help get the furniture in the house!" Their mother called from the porch.

"Well, we'll see you around," George waved.

The left and we started walking back to my house.

"They seem nice," Artie said after a while of silence.

"Yeah I guess, but did you see their parents?" Teagan replied.

I frowned. I did take notice of their parents, and they didn't seem like most parents on the Southside. They didn't have tattoos or piercings, they weren't drinking, smoking, or swearing like sailors. They seemed like...good parents.