In the shadows

(Y/N) POV

I drive around the large city of New York, looking for anything crime related.  I drive my black and red challenger, I requested to drive this car instead of the usual police car so I can come to the crime scene undetected.  I know it sounds weird but it's how I work, and that's why they call me the ghost cop.  Another cop speaks on my radio, "Ghost, we need some assistance at an abandoned building."  I sigh and pick up the thing I talk into, "alright, where is the building?"  They give me the address and I speed down alley  ways until I reach the building.  I get out of the car and take out my hand gun, I walk over to an officer by the building, "What's so important that I had to come to some abandoned building?"  The officer looks at me with worry in his gaze.  He starts to shift nervously, "my partner is in there, I believe he's being held at gunpoint."  I check the amount of bullets in my gun then walk inside the building and sneak around, looking for the officer and the other person.

I walk up the stairs and stop at a corner and listen for any talking.  Suddenly, I hear a gunshot.  I run around the corner silently and sneak up behind the guy holding a gun, I put my gun up to his head, "if you want to live, I suggest you drop the gun."  The man's breath hitches and he drops the gun then puts his hands up.  I grab the hand cuffs and pull his arms behind his back and clip them on, I force him down to his knees then rush over to the raven haired officer lying on the cold ground.  I drop to my knees and check him for any injures but find that the bullet hit his bulletproof vest.  I let out a sigh of relief and shake him awake, "hey, Ackerman, wake up this isn't nap time."  levi wakes up and looks at me with his silver blue eyes then he sits up, " sorry, (L/N).  It's not like I meant to pass out."  I roll my eyes and stand up then help him up.

"you're not supposed to engage by yourself, ackerman.  Next time, wait for back up."  I walk back over to the man and force him back to his feet and all three of us exit the building.  I walk to my car and shove the man in it then get into the driver's seat, levi looks at me with confusion but gets into his cop car with his partner and we drive back to the precinct.

(time skip to the precinct)

I give the man to another officer, then I sit down in the break room and drink some coffee.  Levi walks over to me and slams his hand down on the table, I don't even flinch, "yes?  Do you need something?"  I look at him, he looks frustrated and confused, "why don't you use a police car?  How did you know where we were? And why were you alone?!"  I roll my eyes and look away from him, "I don't use the police cars here so I don't alarm the criminals, your partner contacted me and I work alone, I don't need anyone else.  Partner's just get in the way."  Levi glares at me and I look back at him and return the glare, my (E/C) eyes holding irritation.  He growls a little, "But the only officer in this precinct is the ghost cop..." his voice trails off then his eyes widen, "don't tell me you're the ghost cop."  I raise an eyebrow, "I am, which means I outrank you, which also means you better watch your tongue, ackerman." He straightens up and salutes me, "sorry, sir.  I didn't mean to be so rude."

I stand up and walk past him and go back to my desk.  I look through some of the papers sprawled out on my desk, I find nothing really important so I check the time and see it's 4:45.  I pack up my things into my back and walk to the door, but before I get to the door guess who stops me, levi ackerman.  I roll my eyes, "yes, ackerman?  What do you want now?"  Levi looks me in the eyes, "well sir, your shift doesn't end until 7:00, why are you leaving now?"  I glare at him, "I have permission from commander erwin to leave early on tuesdays.  Do you have a problem with that?"  Levi backs off and shakes his head, "no, sir.  If I may ask, why are you leaving early?"  I check the time again, "I have to pick my daughter up from daycare.  Have a good night, ackerman."  I walk past him and out the doors then rushes to my car.  I start my car and drive to the daycare.

Levi POV

I watch (Y/N) leave, shock in my gaze.  she has a daughter?  does that mean she's married?  I scoff, "who would want to marry her?  He must be some crazy man with a mental illness."  I turn around and walk back to my desk to finish some papers I had been working on.  I groan as I look through the papers, "I hate looking through these papers.  The man hasn't been seen since he killed that one man in the bank a few years ago."  I look at the dead guys file to check his name, "Brian (L/N), that last name is familiar... Where have I heard that?"  I shrug it off and close the file then lean back in my chair, " whatever, it's none of my business. "  I glance at (Y/N)'s desk then I finally remember where I heard the last from, "wait, (Y/N)'s last name is (L/N)."  I straighten up again and reopen the file and look at the paper. 
"It says he's married and has a daughter, but she can't have married him...  He was..."  Something doesn't add up, why would the famous ghost cop marry someone like him?  I shake my head to clear my thoughts and I stand up, I grab my work bag and walk outside and over to my car.  I get in and start the car then drive out of the police parking lot.  I need to clear my head, I'm just going to get something to eat then go home

Time skip brought to you by insane cleaning

I walk into the restaurant and sit down at a table by the window.  a waitress gives me a menu, I order black tea and a simple cheeseburger with fries and broccoli.  I get bored waiting for my food so I decide to look around at all the people who are here.  after a few moments I spot (Y/N) sitting across from a little girl with long brown hair in a ponytail.  I watch them as they order their food, (Y/N) takes out a piece of paper and a small pen then she writes something on the paper.  she gives the little girl the paper, is she deaf and (Y/N) has to write down what she wants to say?
The girl reads the paper then she starts looking around and points at some people, the first person she pointed at was a man with glasses.  The second person she pointed to was a women with short silver hair.  Then she co continues to look around until her brown eyes land on my and she points at me.  (Y/N) looks at me and her eyes widen a little, I quickly avert my gaze so I'm not caught staring.  Though, I'm not really sure why I was staring.  I glance at them through the corner of my eye, (Y/N) is waving her hands and shaking her head quickly at the girl, she seems embarrassed.  I wonder what she's saying.
The little girl giggles and says something, (Y/N) sighs and hangs her head.  I chuckle a little, I feel something bubble up in my chest but I push it away.   The food finally arrives, the waitress sets it on the table in front of me the  leaves to help someone else.  I eat my food rather quickly, I didn't realize how hungry I was until I started eating.  After I finished eating and pay tue bill I stood up but was blocked by the girl who was with (Y/N).  I look down at her with my same expression, "what do you want brat?"  She just giggles and fidgets with the edge of her shirt, "my mommy thinks you're cute."  I feel my cheeks get warm and I kneel down in front of the girl, " oh really?, What's her name? "  She giggles again, "her name is (Y/N).  She said you work with her, are you a cop too?"  I nod then I see ( Y/N) pick the girl up, I stand up again and look at her.  (Y/N)'s face is a rosy pink, her (H/L) (H/C) hair down instead of in it's usual bun, "I'm sorry sasha bothered you, levi.  She slipped away when I wasn't looking."
I shake my head, "she didn't bother me, have a good night (Y/N) ."  I walk past her and out of the restaurant then get into my car.  I let out a heavy sigh and put a hand on my heart, "why is it beating so fast?  It's just (Y/N).  What is wrong with me?"  I take a deep breath and let it out slowly then I start the car and drive home.

Hello my lovely's!  I hope you like my new book!
It was so fun writing the first chapter, I hope you liked it as much as me.
Anyway, vote, comment, and follow
See you next chapter!