Chapter 1

My alarm clock blared into my ear. I couldn't find the off button so I ripped the cord out of the wall. Then it hit me, it was the first day back to school from the winter holidays. YAY...NOT!!!

30 minutes later (after scrolling through my phone while laying in bed)

     I finally decided to get up and ready for school. Fortunately, I had reminded my brother to pack his lunch and pick out his outfit, so we wouldn't have to rush around in the morning. I also picked out my outfit.  This made sure that we wouldn't be lost causes in the morning. 

     As I rush downstairs I see my little brother eating Fruit loops and I decide to grab a bowl of them too. I finish getting ready before him and wait for my brother to finish.

     While I wait, I text my friends to see where we're meeting. We all end up choosing the back of the student commons. (It has become tradition that after every holiday break that the school has, we all must try to get to the meeting place first. The last girl who gets to the meeting place on the first day back from our holiday break, has to buy everyone lunch that day).

     "Hayden hurry up!!" I yelled. How long does it take to eat a bowl of Fruit loops? Annoyance is starting to course through my veins, when he suddenly appears in front of me with his backpack. "Let's go", I mumble.

     I start to walk out the door, when I have this feeling that I might end up having to buy everyone's lunch, so I grab some extra money and stuff it into my back pocket. Hayden is sitting in the passenger seat as I get into the car, I quickly drive him to his middle school and head over to my own hell hole!

     I swerve into the parking lot at the back of the school and quickly park my car. The commons is in the middle of the school, behind the front foyer, so I'll have to sprint to get there before the other girls.

     I make a beeline for the back of the commons and see there is just one hallway left. I just might not have to buy everyone lunch after all! Smiling triumphantly I round the corner and feel myself collide straight into a hard surface, getting the wind knocked out of me.

     "Oomph". I breath out, as I fall down. On impact I have my eyes closed, so my first thought is that I ran into a wall (it's happened before), that is until I hear a low voice grumble, "How heavy can you be?" Right then I realize that I in fact, I didn't run into a wall, but into the hottest guy in school, Caleb fricken McKenzie. I quickly scramble to my feet and brush the dust off of my legs.

     Caleb swiftly gets up and through gritted teeth says, "Watch where you're going next time!" He begins to walk away when I open my big mouth and blurt out after him, "It was your fault too, you should be looking up when your walking and not at your damn phone!!! I never even landed on you!!!! How can you say that I'm heavy!!!??". 

     It really wasn't his fault, only mine, but hey there was no way in hell that I was taking all the blame! And he implied that I need to lose weight, like WTF!!! He just grunts and continues to walk away, not even looking back over his shoulder.

     After running into Mister Grumpy-Pants, I continue speed walking over to the meeting spot. When I get there, I see everyone except for Rai standing there waiting!! Woohoo, I jump for joy and hug the other two girls Krystal and Willow, two of my best friends! 

Let me guess Willow was the first one here wasn't she? I asked Krystal. 

     It's no surprise that Willow was the first one here, she's always on time and hates being late. Willow Kordel is definitely the most responsible one out of the four of us. She always studies and gets perfect grades! She's a total bookworm and always has her nose stuck in one of her novels. You could say that she's pretty much the only one who enjoys school... Don't get me wrong, that's one of my favorite characteristics about her. It's very admirable because I could never have the same outlook on school that she does. I don't understand how she can be so enthusiastic about work and reading but it's what makes her the brains of our group. I know, how cliché. Not only is Willow the brains of our group but she is also team captain of the Mathletes at school along with Krystal. Willow is the smartest, wisest and kindest soul that I know. I don't know what I would do without her!

     As for Rai, she's the one who's always late and never on time. Rai Spencer is considered our groups fashion guru. As our resident fashion guru she considers herself to be fashionably late all of the time! Rai always makes sure that we look our best, and if there's a fashion emergency, then she's the girl to go to!! You might think that Rai follows the latest fashion trends, but oh no, honey she sets them!! Not only does Rai love fashion but she loves beauty as well! She's the one who drags us to parties and does our hair and makeup! Rai also sings and dances! She is an amazing singer and dancer, who also adores animals! There are no bad things to say about Rai, but get on her bad side and she becomes the queen of sass!!

     And then there's Krystal. Krystal Mccoll is a sport loving maniac! She absolutely loves everything and anything involving sports. She's most definitely the fittest and sportiest one out of all of us. She is also outstanding at any type of sport or physical activity. Not only is she amazing at sports, but she is also really smart and is part of the Mathletes at our school along with Willow. This combination easily makes her a teacher's pet, and almost all of her teachers love her (it's so unfair! Not all of us are gifted with brains and brawn!) None the less we all love Krystal just the way she is! As the athletic one of the group she is obligated to help us stay in shape, by dragging our butts out the door and to the gym! Krystal is the only reason why me and the other girls look so fit, and because of that it's one of the reasons why we are lucky to have Krystal.

     As for me, my names Astryd Rhodes. I am a self proclaimed badass and the risk taker of our group. I love adventures and I am always up for anything spontaneous! I'm reserved at first but once you get to know me I'm the feistiest girl you'll know! I'm nothing like Willow when it comes to school, but I still get decent grades. The only problem that I have with in school is math. Thankfully I have my girls Willow and Krystal to help me out when I need it. Like Rai, I love to sing. Even though I may be a badass, I'm a badass with stage fright. Rai has been trying to get me to perform with her for years but I just can't bring myself to do it! Another hobby of mine is photography and sketch drawings. I love to capture beautiful moments through pictures whether it's from a camera or a sketch! Finally, if I were to describe my personality I would say that I am clever, easygoing, and a BADDASS!!

     So, now your probably wondering how a group of girls so opposite became best friends, well let me tell you. It all started with a robbery, where shots were fired, knives were drawn and one heck of an adventure with all four of us caught in the middle of it...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note

If there are any questions about something in this chapter please ask and we will try to answer them in the bottom of the next chapter!

We would also really appreciate it if you voted on this story and also like and share with your friends!!

Definitions:
Student Commons- An open area in the school with tables, sofas and chairs, where students can socialize, eat, and relax in.

Brawn- Physical strength in contrast to intelligence

Side Note: The story will be told by Astryd's point of view, unless the beginning of the chapter says otherwise. 

In case you missed this disclaimer on the first post:

Disclaimer~ We are both NOT professional writers, so there could be some errors in the text and we would like to apologize beforehand if there are any mistakes that annoy you. If you kindly point out the errors in the comments, then we will gladly fix them. If any of you  have a way to improve the book, then you can suggest it in the comments and we will check it out.

Hope you enjoyed the first chapter XOXO ~ Anemone