Chapter 1: Beginning of the end

Meera's POV:

"Meera! where are you?"

Please, Lord! Don't let me down this time. Please! Help me! Right now I'm hiding in a closet praying God to save me from this beast! I don't understand how did I end up in this situation? The footsteps seemed to get louder, OMG! he's here! he is in the room. I don't know how bad this situation is but I'm well aware that if I get caught now, I'll be a dead meat.

"Sweetheart, are you in here? I know where you are so you better come out because if I find you, there will be consequences too", I could hear his words with a tinge of sarcasm in them.

There was silence in the room and all I could hear was my heart pounding like crazy in my ears. I guess my ears must have turned crimson red by now as I could feel the heat of my bloodstream gushing to my ears. 

Never in a zillion year did I imagine that I'd end up being chased after. I mean I'm a struggling journalist who chases after stories to print news and today was supposed to be a regular day or so until this man showed up. He is known to be the best of all the beasts for he is the leader of the mafia world. The silk road, the dark market, deep internet and what not, everything is under his control. It all seems like a happy new day to the people out there but, what they are unaware of is the dark secret behind those TV shows, the whole film industry, and politics. Everything is under his control and today I could have easily unmasked him until the alarm on my watch went off and he sensed my presence. Is he going to kill me? God! this is the first and maybe the last sting operation I'd be doing while still alive.

I'm well aware that he is still in the room but there was no sound, so he must be standing still. I was holding my breath as beads of sweat rolled down my forehead. This is so suffocating and I have an immense urge to pee right now. I was lost in thoughts when the sound of footsteps started again only this time they seemed quite distant. I guess he must be leaving the room. Yes, that's it, just get lost and I'll probably run to my office give the article and probably pack my bags to live in a different country with another identity.

I know this operation is the most difficult one to take up, I wonder why I was so stubborn to expose him. I've heard that almost all the journalists who have tried to expose him have either disappeared or were found floating lifeless in the drains. Gosh! the very thought makes me sick.

There was a sudden sound of the door shutting. That's it he must have left the room. I better make a run now. I take a deep breath and step out of the closet.

"Gotcha!" I could feel strong arms wrapped around me.

"NO!!! Please, let me go!", I screamed my heart out while kicking him, I even dug my teeth in his hand but to no avail, he wouldn't budge. That's it this is the end of my 23 years of life.

"Babe, I told you to come out on your own but you didn't listen now face the consequences", He spoke with aggression while holding on to me.

I was struggling in his grip when my bag fell on the floor throwing out all the contents in it which included my journalist ID. Great! this has to be the cherry on top of the marvelous icing on the cake. The recorder was on my wrist watch and the camera was embedded in my locket which was dangling around my neck so there was no way anyone could even suspect me of being a journalist on a sting operation but this ID was the dagger to my death! I know that he is aware of my profession but now he'll also the company that I work for and probably kill every one of my colleagues or maybe just blast all of us.

 "Are you a journalist?", I could sense confusion in his words

Is he for real? does he not know that I was doing a sting operation on him? then why did he chase after me like a crazy maniac? 

"I must say, life has just become awesome with you in my arms right now", He smirked and threw me on his shoulders

"Are you crazy? just let me down!", I screamed and banged my fists on his back.

"You don't get to have a say in this matter anymore baby doll, I'm taking you and this is final", His voice had a firm aggression. 

is it just me or is he really pissed? I guess I'll have to find a way out of this before he eats me alive or worse throw me down the drain.

A/N: yo! guys, I love you all for all the support that you've shown me for my first book "Taking WHAT'S MINE" I hope it only grows for this book as well. there might be slow updates but, don't worry I promise you that this book will only get better and better with every passing chapter

love you all!