Darts Darts and Broken Hearts

Ferb's P.O.V.

We walk into the cool outside air. Once again, I turn my face to the dull colors of our Town. Such a shame, it's beauty be hidden away with gloom. But the thought of not telling mom that we were going outside without her again is more overwhelming. But she was napping... We couldn't wake her. She was relaxing, and like we said a while before, relaxation is a need.

I step out of the doorway, beckoning for the others to follow. Once they are all out, we decide where we would go next.

"I think we should see if the grocery store next to the town square has anything." Gretchen suggested. "Well, I think anybody who hadn't been darted would have gone there. I doubt there's anything left." Isabella responded. 

"Hmm..." Phineas thought. "Wait, what about the little shop uptown? I doubt anybody would go there because they'd think it was empty. But I know they have good supplies in the freezer. Pops, water... True there would be alchohol, but we can avoid all that junk." Phineas said. "Okay!" Isabella agreed. Once everyone gave Phineas an okay, and I gave him my thumbs up, we set out for the shop.

"So... Phineas?" Isabella asked. "Yeah?" Phineas said as he peered around a corner of a building. He waved his hand as if to say 'follow me', and they did. "Uhm, how did you know the little shop had stock?" Isabella asked. Phineas continued to glance around. "Well, that little shop had just saved up enough profit to renovate. They had already bought the empty building next to it. Me and Ferb were asked to do the job since we work pretty fast. We had to do everything though, including taking stock counts." Phineas explained. I nodded to Isabella for assurance. "Ohh, that makes sense now that I think about--" Isabella said as Phineas put his hand tightly on her mouth. "shh..." Phineas whispered extremely quietly. 

Suddenly, we heard a few faint voices and a few faint laughs. We all got down on our hands and feet, while Phineas, Isabella and I watched three guys dressed in camo walk behind the house that they were by, thankfully in the opposite direction as where we were going. But, they were holding what looked to be slightly different forms of metal fukiyas.

...A Japanese term for blow dart gun...

"Hah, our boss will be all too happy to hear about this!!" The first guy laughed. "Yeahaha," The second laughed. "Did you see the LOOK on that guy's face? HAH! Hilarious!! I bet his stupid square face didn't see that coming!" The third laughed. "He didn't stand a chance!! HAH" "Yeah, and when I stole his glasses and crushed them before his poorly seeing eyes? HAAAHAHA!!!" They continued laughing together as they walked out of sight.

Square face? Glasses? Oh no...

"Guys..." Phineas began. He looked at me in silence. I knew that he and I both knew who they were talking about. "Square... T-They said square... Maybe they..." Phineas stuttered. Isabella suddenly caught on. "Oh no..." She said. "Awww, nooo!" Ginger moaned. "I feel so sorry for you guys..." She said. "D-don't worry about it... We'll find a way to change him back. We- FERB, LOOK OUT!!!" Phineas screamed, shoving Ferb forward with great force. A sharp pain soon entered his back and he fell onto his stomach. Pain raced up his arms, down his spine, all across his shoulders, in his mouth, through his ears and through his eyes.

I scurry over, trying to stand at times but falling with weak knees, and pluck the dart out of his back in a panic. I look at it for a second and chuck it as far away as I can. "NONONONO NOOOOO!!!" I scream. The others then look at the source of the dart, the three guys. As soon as they all look back, the three men begin shooting at all the others. "RUUUN!!" Isabella shouts as they flee in all different directions. I struggle to pick Phineas up even with Ginger helping me, leaving us as sitting ducks for a few seconds, but luckily these duck can "DUCK!!" I yell as one goes right above us. I get a good grip on Phineas, go around the house, and sprint as fast as my short legs will go.