Extended ending

Yuè looked up at the clouds that slowly made their way across the orange sky. A contented sigh escaped his pale lips. "I didn't even know about this place. Ever since they made the new bridge no one ever used here anymore."

"We used to come here all the time." Astral looked at the sky with him.

"So..." Yuè started to speak. "What do we do about Zexal?"

"The stronger our bond, the stronger Zexal is. An Astral being's lifespan is  around 50,000 to 100,000 years. When an Astral being dies, we dissolve into what we are created out of."

"Water?" Yuè asked.

"Yes, But mainly energy." Astral answered. "Then we are spread all around the universe. Being transformed into other types of energy. Energy cannot be destroyed, only transformed." Astral stated.

"So we're soaking in Astral beings?" Yuè asked pointing to the sun.

"Yes, we are." Astral said. "In ZeXal our state is more solid than energetic. As you've told me a human's lifespan usually lasts to 120 years then they die. Age wouldn't affect us. What would is your body and the bond. Your body would have to be in good shape and because of that bond ZeXal would halt your aging process." 

"Is that why the king and queen looks like how they do?" Yuè asked.

"The king and queen are a different story." Astral said. "they were the first beings to ever be born."

"Oh, and what about you? Why do you have those markings."

"it works how animals work here. Same speices but a different type or pattern. Much like your birds here."

"So you're rare type? Like pocket  monsters rare shinies!?" Yuae got excited all of a sudden which Astral got confused at, but smiled.

"Rare? I guess you could say that."

"Wow, wow, wow. I have a rare Astral being as my boyfriend!" Yuè shouted excitedly. "eer-" Yuè blushed before settling back down. The word boyfriend echoed in his head while he stared at Astral. "Never thought I'd have a boyfriend before and that boyfriend would be inhuman."

"Is there something wrong with it?" Astral asked.

"Not at all. Just I never thought of myself as gay. I guess it's what I think is beautiful." Yuè said, inching closer to Astral. "I-I am glad I feel this way towards you." With his blushing growing deeper, he gave Astral a chaste kiss on the cheek which Astral returned by kissing him on the lips.

"I love you." Astral whispered.

"I love you too."

"I wonder how our kids are like." He said changing the subject, which goes unnoticed to Astral.

"They're just like us. One with a bright personality like yours and the other is like me." Yuè smiled before it turned into a frown.

"I'm sorry." Yuè said softly.

"Whatever for?" Astral asked, now looking at him. Yuè looked down and then sighed. "For letting our bond grow so weak."

Astral stayed quiet. He wasn't sure what to say to the young boy cause he was also guilty for the same. "Yuma. You don't have to apologize to me. I-... I am also to blame. I never should've given up after all we've been through."

"Sad I can't remember them all." Yuè mumbled bitterly, sitting up. "And maybe I'll never get them back even or remember my own children." Yuae brought his chest to his knees and hugged himself.

"Yuma..." Astral gently cupped Yuè's cheek. "I will assist you." Astral he gave him a kind smile. "Just like you did with me. You never gave up until I had all my memories back. I won't stop until you do too. So until then, we'll just have to make new memories. And our kids... I have a feeling they are just fine."

Yuè smiled brightly and stretched out his fingers to Astral. "almost like we are...halfway to." Astral returned the smile and interlocked his fingers with his. "Forever."