chapter three - a little heart

"This is all so shocking. It's like a scene from a cliche Korean drama. Like he was standing right there", I said pacing as I explained to Char who was now eating my beloved food.

Just to be clear, the only reason I was letting that slide is because I took an oath saying I will only use my Taekwondo for good.

"Shh!", Char whispered pointing towards our neighbours. "He could hear."

"Yeah, you think I don't know that", I whispered back. "Which is exactly why I'm freaking out so much. I mean he's so nearby. I love it but I also don't love it. I mean on the upside, he's gonna be here, right here with me. It's every teenage girl's dream to live next to her crush. Or with, bless you Ha Ni. But then on the downside, I feel like he is intruding. This is my personal space, this where I'm me the most. And it really feels like I just lost that.", I paused to look at Sia. "I'm having a mental breakdown and all you care about is stuffing your face". I whispered grabbing the plate from her grip.

Before Char could protest, there was a knock on my door.

"Oh, great", I yelled as I headed towards the door. "Oh, now what do you want?"

"Relax. I just came to borrow your charger.", Chloe said raising her hands up in defense.

I grabbed the charger off my bedside table and slammed it in her hands. "You're welcome."

"Thanks.", I heard her say as I closed my door.

"So, what do I do about you-know-who?", I asked Charlotte turning my head towards our neighbours.

"You do nothing. Absolutely nothing", she replied.

"What?"

"Yes, you heard me right. I don't even get why you would ask such a question, because there's nothing you can do. If you were such a saint I would get it, but no you even stalk him. So you have no right to preach about privacy and personal space. It's not like you can both move houses or anything like that, so you just have to deal with it and stop complaining like a twelve year old." She paused to look at her phone. "I have to go. They need me at home. I might come by later"

I said nothing when Char spoke. I said nothing when she paused to look at her phone. I said nothing when she said she had to go. I said nothing when she stood up to leave.

And in seconds, I was alone. And after a while, I realised something. I'm not really sure if it was because I finally calmed down to think about this or because of my best friend's speech. I realised that there was really infact nothing I could do about my current situation, that is nothing but let fate do its thing.

And at that exact moment, I remembered one of my favorites quotes from the Korean drama, "Healer".

"We've already met, our destinies have been connected and fate has begun to run its course."

°•°

"Seriously, what the heck! PD-nim or whoever. Is this what you call an ending?"

This was me re-watching the Korean drama, "Boys Before Flowers" for the umpteenth time.

The last scene always managed to get on my last nerve. Like, what?! What the heck are they staring at, and why is Ga Eul absent? I really feel she's a major part of the entire drama and deserves to at least in the final scene, with Yi Jung. I mean, it would at least clarify their new status.

I had been in my closet for at least three hours, and by my phone it was 12:17 am. It's kinda become an habit to stay up late on Friday nights to binge-watch Korean dramas, since I have a very dead social life.