Chapter 2 - Happily

"Did you just wink at me?" I ask in disbelief. Why would he wink at me? I can't even fathom. Roman chuckles and leans forward in his seat, placing his chin in his hands. His eyes fixed on me. "What's so funny? Answer me" I demand, staring with great determination back at him. Normally, when I look into people's eyes they do what I tell them to do, but Roman Godfrey just sat there shaking his head, his gaze dropping to the table. Then blood starts trickling from my nose. This happens every time as well, but usually it works. 

Disgruntled, I pull out my handkerchief and hastily wipe my nose before he notices. Stowing it back in my pocket, I look back up and notice that Roman is staring back at me, again. I stiffly cross my arms and look away from him, letting out a huff of unhappiness. He starts to laugh again, but halts when I stare back at him with my eyebrows furrowed.

"Yes, I did wink at you. Happy now?" My jaw drops as these words exit Roman's mouth. Rapidly I shut it and look down at my hands, playing with my wristbands and bracelets. I smile when my hand brushes over the My Chemical Romance wristband that I wear. Yes, I like My Chemical Romance, don't judge me. "What are those?" Roman asks, catching me slightly off guard. Startled, I force my eyes to look at him.

"My bracelets and wristbands, what do you think?" I reply, sarcastically. He shrugs and moves closer to get a better look.

"I like all of those bands" He smiles and glances back at my face before looking away, awkwardly. The tension in the room is so thick that I could seemingly cut through it with a knife. "Why do you wear so many bracelets?" He asks.

"It's a fashion statement" I shrug, smirking imperceptibly. His eyes light up with realization and he pulls an iPod out of his pocket. Continuing, he stands up, walks over to an iPod dock and plugs it in. After he taps a couple of buttons It's Not A Fashion Statement, It's A Death-wish by My Chemical Romance starts to play. My smirk widens as Gerard Way begins to sing and I faintly sing along too. 

Roman turns to face me with a slightly creepy smile on his face. Oh my god, he's hot. Shut up! I want to jump him right here, right now. No! Shut up, now! My cheeks flush as I try to control my subconscious. He looks at me oddly, tilting his head slightly before brushing one of his hands through his hair. The muscles in his arms flexing as he does so. Calm down hormones, calm down! He's probably doing this on purpose and knows full well what he's doing to me, so just keep cool. Swallowing, I try to collect my thoughts, but my brain is not co-operating at all. 

Dropping my head into my hands, I let out a long sigh and close my eyes. He's just a boy. Calm down, for fucks sake. But he's so, so, so sexy. I know, but shut up and deal with it! Yes, I am internally talking to myself. Officially crazy now. I let out a groan whilst I battle with myself, but I don't pay attention to anything else.

"Are you okay?" Roman's voice breaks me away from my thoughts. I jump up into a sitting position. "Do you have a headache or something?" He asks, looking at me. His eyes filled with concern. Aww, that's so cute.

Oh, shut up and let me think!

"Oh, no. I'm fine. Completely fine. Just tired, should probably get going; nice meeting you. Bye" I stand up and quickly walk out of the room, rushing my words. When I reach the grand foyer I let out a sigh of relief and slow my pace to a casual walk.

"Leaving so soon" I snap my head around to see Olivia and exhale, calming myself down.

"Yeah, got to get home. I almost forgot my mum was wondering if all of you would like to come to our house-warming barbecue tomorrow night" I explain, tucking a loose strand of hair behind my left ear. 

"That would be lovely. Of course we'll come, what time?" She asks and leans against the banister at the bottom of the staircase. 

"About 4pm. Bring your swimsuits if you want. We have a pool and a hot tub. I really do have to go now, sorry" I apologize.