Chapter 1: Beginning

Thank you so much Dom for taking time out of your day to read this and edit it for me💖

Chapter 1

The room was dark and silent, except for the sound of six teenagers breathing. The
group could hear someone approaching, but it was so dark they couldn't see who. The mysterious person turned the lights on, and once the teenagers' eyes adjusted to the bright light, they saw that it was a tall, slender man with brown hair and a sharp jawline. He stood across the room in front of six teenagers.

"Hello. You've all been brought here because you each have a special ability - whether it's being able to speak any language to ever exist," He looks over at Oliver, a tall African-American boy with kind eyes.

"-having telepathy," He then looked over at Dean, a hispanic boy with a strong jawline.

"-having control over elements on the periodic table," He turned towards Elliot, a caucasian boy with soft blue eyes.

"-controlling the elements," He then switches his gaze to Everly, Elliot's twin sister. They were identical in all ways except one; Everly's eyes were a soft green.

"-running faster than any known species," He then looks at Asher, an African-American female with caring eyes.

"-or to be able to form lighting bolts with your hands." Lastly, he looks at Avalon, a caucasian female with the blondest hair anyone has ever seen.

"We've been watching you guys since you were young, as we thought you may be useful down the line. We could really use some new people with your abilities."

"What do you mean you've been watching us?" Everly asked hesitantly.

"Who are you?" Avalon asked.

"We're the Chasers; a secret organization of superheroes who are trying
to protect humanity from those who want to cause harm."

"I thought you guys were just a myth!" Oliver gasped in awe.

"I'm sorry, did you say superheroes? That shit doesn't exist. At least not in the real world." Dean said, not believing what this strange man was saying.

"Whether or not you believe it, Superheroes exist and you guys will be living proof of that." The man began walking closer to the group.

"And what if we decide to say no?" Asher asks quietly.

"Well, that we don't have any control over, but we're giving you an opportunity to use those gifts you have for the better good."

He looked at Elliot and then over to Everly.

"Especially you two. Don't you want to do something to redeem yourselves from all the bad your parents did?" The man pauses, looking between the twins.

Everly looks over at Elliot, she knew how sensitive her brother was about their parents death.

"From what you did?" The man finishes, eyes locked on Elliot.

Elliot looks at him, a mixture of confusion and anger swirling in his chest.

"I see. So, we're just a charity case for you guys?" Elliot muttered angrily. His eyes began to glow a bright blue and water from a nearby cup began to rise. Everly quickly grabbed his arm.

"Elliot, calm down." Everly said, tone even and calm.

Elliot looked over at his twin, wild glowing eyes returning to their normal sea
blue color. He then looked back at the man, waiting for him to speak.

"No, we see so much potential in the two of you." He looked to each of the six teens, individually and as a group, before continuing. "We see so much potential in all of you. That is why we chose to recruit you."

"So, if we agree to this we're, what?Superheroes? We get a cape and a bat mobile?" Oliver asked sarcastically.

"Well, we have something much better and advanced than a bat mobile." The man said with a smirk.

"And we save the city from evil? Like a crazy guy dressed as a clown?" Avalon asked.

"Close. You save the world from evil. It also pays pretty well." He said, chuckling at their questions. "So, are you guys in?" The man looked at them all, eyebrows raised and hope shining in his eyes.

"I'm in." Avalon said first.

"Me too." Oliver spoke next and smiled at Avalon.

"Me three." Asher said.

"Fine, but only because I need the money." Dean agreed.

"If the cute boy is in, so am I." Elliot says with a small smile playing on his lips.

"I guess I am too." Everly said hesitantly.

Six people. Six people with amazing powers. Six people who lives went from ordinary to extraordinary in the blink of an eye.