Chapter 2: Running from Nightmares

Chapter 2

The tall slender man with brown hair, and a sharp jawline walked into a big office. One that is lavishly furnished with only the most expensive furniture.

"Morkoski, did you do as I asked?" An older man in his late sixties asked with a stern look on his face asked.

"Yes, Agent Norcross, I did as asked and all of them agreed."

"Even the Clayton twins?"

"Yes, even the Clayton twins."

"And the boy does he know yet?"

"No, I'm not sure it'd be wise to tell him what happened."

"And if it happens again then what? Someone as powerful as him needs to learn to control his anger."

"And he will, but I don't think now is the time to tell him about that."

"His twin...does she know? Does she remember anything?"

"No, I scanned them all to see if they knew anything. They know nothing."

"Good. Now, you had millions of options and you chose these six, why?"

Agent Morkoski pulls out his device and pulls up a photo, a blonde haired girl with dimples and beautiful bright green eyes filled with hope.

"Avalon Scottsdale, she can create lighting in less than second at the tip of her fingers, she can heal faster than anyone I have ever seen. I chose her because she's a girl with heart, she puts her heart into everything she does,"

Agent Norcross nods his head in agreement. Next Agent Morkoski pulls up a photo of the Hispanic boy with raven black hair and a strong jawline.

"Dean Rivera, he's smarter and stronger than most telepaths I've met. He got accepted into seven Ivy League schools, and is still waiting to hear back from more. Not to mention he's got super strength and a background in karate. I chose him because he is the brains. He'll make the tough decisions nobody else will want to make. He'll make the right decision."

"Impressive. He sounds a lot like you when you first joined the organization." Norcross said with a small chuckle.

"I saw myself in him. I think he'll be good for the team." Morkoski next pulled up a photo of the Small African American girl with beautiful curly hair and kind brown eyes.

"Ashley or better known as Asher Morgan; she's faster than any species known to man on both land, in the water, and in the air. She was taught self defense at a young age, she's hardworking and doesn't acquire many friends but her intellect makes up for that. She skipped freshman year of high school just to be on grade level, but even then they were slow for her."

He pulled up a photo of a caucasian boy with bright blue eyes.

"Elliot Clayton, super powerful. His ability is rare, as you know there's only been seven others born with his ability. He's curious by nature, but nonetheless smart. He's shown leadership skills a few times and is very protective of his sister. I believe he's a great asset to the team,"

Next was Everly, Elliot's twin sister. They were identical in all ways except one; Her eyes are bright green.

"Everly Clayton, she's got quite an amazing power like her brother. She has a lot of potential to be great, maybe even better than her brother. She's head-strong, she's fair. She can help Dean make the right decisions,"

Lastly he showed a tall African-American boy with kind eyes.

"Oliver Montgomery, he's also got a rare ability. He's one out of three people who were born with the ability to Shape shift into any species and speak any known language. He's necessary for the team to work. He's loyal and kind. He along with Avalon will be the heart and the glue for the team."

Agent Norcross nodded his head "It seems like you've chosen well, but what about the other four? I requested a team of ten."

"I have four candidates in mind, I just need to wait for the right timing." Just as Morkoski finished his sentence his phone went off. He looked at it and saw a Yellowish Orange colored dot go off. I guess it was now time for candidate number seven to be found.

————————————————————————

The boy was running as fast as his legs could take him. He felt like he had been running for hours when it had really only been about fifteen minutes. He saw them again, the same people that had been haunting his dreams for the past two and a half months, but this time it wasn't a dream. They were really there and for some reason they really wanted him. He wasn't anything special- at least not that he knew of. He wasn't a Super, he doesn't even know a Super. Nobody in his family was one so, that meant he wasn't one either, or so he thought.

He quickly looked behind him and saw that there was now at least three of them chasing him. He tried to keep up his pace, but he was tired, his feet hurt and he was almost out of breath. His pace slowed down and he saw them getting closer and closer. He began to scream for help but he knew he wasn't loud enough because he was so out of breath. They were only a few meters away. He took a deep breath and put his hands up to shield himself. Suddenly, his eyes glowed a deep yellowish orange color and his hands radiated bright lights. Everything surrounding him the was once dark is now bright and full of color. He could see the greens in the trees and grass, the multiple colors of the different types of flowers, and the blue in the rain drops that were falling from the sky.

He could see everything for at least a few miles ahead. He was in shock. He was a Super. He never thought in a million years that he'd be one. Sure, he read about them in books and saw them occasionally on the news, but even then that was rare.

He looked at his hands in shock, the light was gone. He wasn't sure how he did it or what triggered it, but he now knew he was special. He looked up to see if the faceless people in dark grey attire were still there. They weren't, they just disappeared. Disappeared into nothingness or at least he hoped they did. Maybe now they would stop invading his dreams.

He ran about another mile out of the woods until he was stopped by a car that would've hit him if it didn't stop a second earlier.

A man in a full black suit stepped out of the car. "Zachary Easton?"

"Y-Yes, t-that's me," He said hesitantly. "W-who are you?" His blue eyes met with the man in the black suit's brown eyes.

"I'm Agent Morkoski from the Chasers organization. I'd like to talk to you."