Chapter 1 (Seeing)

You didn't even pay much attention to him in the beginning.

The truth is that Taehyung's beautiful face, Jungkook's hilariously fun personality and Namjoon's talent all stood out way more than Jimin's steadfast tenderness.

In the beginning.

The first time you really noticed Park Jimin was when he bit the bullet for the team on a talk show.

BTS were filming on set when they drew a challenge to re-enact a love scene from a popular drama.
All of the crew and staff on set went silent, tense with the unpleasant air.

As beloved idols, none of the Bangtan boys should be acting out a love scene with the chic, beautiful hostess of the show.

Their fans would be upset at the romantic notion and the skinship.

Their company would worry for their image.

It simply wasn't a good challenge to have pulled from the jar.

The hostess smoothes down her short dress and walks to the center of the set stage, smiling as her co-host asked the BTS members who would complete the challenge.

She is lovely, really.
And that just makes it all the worse.

You sit cross legged on the dusty set floor, leaning on the wall adjacent to the stage.

Camera #3 and its cameraman stand just in front of you as you scribble in your notepad, accumulating notes for your BigHit blog post.

Taehyung loiters by the jar, the blue slip of paper still in his hand, turning around to look helplessly at his friends.

He had gotten to see all of the challenges and their color codes ahead of time, but had forgotten which color to avoid.
The easier challenges like doing sit-ups and testing random dance routines would have been so much better.

Guilt twisted on his face.

"Come back and sit, Taehyung. Someone else will do it," says Namjoon, taking pity on him.

"Ah, okay." Taehyung crumples the sheet in his fist, scurrying back to them.

There's silence as the Bangtan guys shift uncomfortably.

The decision is taking too long, you realize. The editing crew will have to cut out a long section of this awkward scene.

Namjoon's eyes dart away as he calculates each of his members for the challenge.

Suga is too brusque for the delicate situation.
JHope too animated.
Jungkook is the untouchable idol. No, no, no.
Jimin or Jin, then.

Just as the male co-host sighs impatiently, Jimin takes a deep breath and launches himself off the bench, raising his hand.

"I'll do it", he smiles.

Camera #1 zooms in on his face as he strides forward, his dancer's body gliding in smooth, rhythmic steps across the distance.