Chapter 9 (Let Me Love You)

After another three days on the road, all of the BigHit road crew returns home.

You usually would enjoy unpacking, enjoy being in your own home, own shower again, having all your stuff, and not living out of the suitcase...

Fresh and happy the next morning, you would skip up the steps of the BigHit building, glad to be back...

But that was all should have, could have, would have.

Now nothing was glad, nothing was happy, nothing could lift the curtain of grey that veiled your heart and everything around you.

You had unzipped the suitcase and taken out only your toothbrush, leaving everything else behind. You had autopiloted through your routine at home, throwing yourself into bed to cry.

Cleaning and getting ready the next day, barely registering as you trip on the building step walking into work.

Your body throws your hands out; you feel the light sting of cement grinding on your palms.

Your knees hit, the blunt impact jarring the tears from your eyes.
Tears that were already there.

You roll onto your side, glad for the excuse to cry.

It's day four.

Day four of nothing from Jimin, day four since Taehyung said he liked you, the words that made Jimin refuse to look at you ever again.

You sent a message to Jimin every morning, asking if you can talk to him.

He hadn't even read them, the read indications still blank.

Whenever you glanced at him he was determinedly facing away, looking down at the ground if you spoke to Bangtan as a group.

Taehyung, however, was doing the opposite.

Every opportunity he loitered, touching your arm and smiling his bright, wide grin. He offered you water and food constantly, he brought his meals over to eat with you, despite all of BTS staring after him.
Asking how you are doing, nonstop.

You know he's waiting for an answer, but how can you tell him anything without talking to Jimin?

Can you tell Taehyung you already gave your heart to Jimin?

What did Jimin tell Bangtan?

What can you, should you say?

What should you do?

Your tears skid down your cheeks, light and gentle for the weight on your shoulders, the pain in your heart.

You see but fail to register the van pulling up by the side door.
Too caught up in your misery, you rock back and forth, sobbing, clutching your surely bruised knees.