Chapter 13 (Where did you come from)

They didn't let you stay.

You didn't ask, either.

It would give everything away.

After they slid under Jimin's arms and dragged him up the stairs into the dorms, the manager told you and the driver you were both free to go.

You decided to part ways right then and there, waving goodbye at the man as he drove off.

It was good timing, because then the tears fell.

A mom and her two kids tried not to stare at you as they passed you, and you tried to stop sobbing.

If only we could choose who we gave our hearts to.

Then Jimin wouldn't choose you, and then you would get over your one-sided obsession, then all would be well.

But instead, you found yourself sitting in a park nearby, taking deep breaths and trying to calm down and not look like such a loser as you pondered why you couldn't get over Jimin.

A tiny girl was shrieking with joy as she slid down a playground slide.

She immediately got up and sprinted back up eagerly, climbing the steps to do the exact same thing again 9 times.

You wonder if that was exactly how you were with Jimin.

You'd climb out of the slump repeatedly, each time only to fall right back in as soon as you laid eyes on him or heard about him, sinking into the Jimin-trap over and over.

--

When you finally stopped crying, there was just a terrible emptiness in your chest that made breathing, or even existing, painful and heavy.

You have only yourself to blame, you knew.

You'd developed feelings for Park Jimin, the international superstar.

You almost snort just thinking about it.

What an idiot you were.

You look at the wind rustling the leaves around you, trying to gauge how long it would be until this was all over, all behind you, and you could look at him in the eye and still function like a normal human being.

Speaking of normal human, you suddenly notice your phone had been vibrating in your purse for a while now.

Really having trouble caring, you force yourself to pull out the phone and glance at the screen.

You blink twice.

It's Jimin.

Your heart immediately slams to life in your chest, ricocheting wildly.

You force yourself to read his name twice, sure that you're reading it wrong.