Chapter 4. Hurt

Lances POV
-----

"What's his problem? He just ran away from us and didn't even say anything." no body was around me besides the few kids that were left. So I was talking to myself.

I felt tears prickle at the corner of my eyes and I tried to ignore it. Untill one rolled down my cheek surprisingly.

I quickly wiped my tear as others rolled down and ran towards the closest bathroom.

Soon or later, I was knocked down in an instant again.. I quickly looked up to apologize and they dissapered.

What's up with people today. I thought stretching.

I walked into the bathroom looking into the mirror seeing tears slowly fall down.

There was a knocked over trash can so I picked it up and put it back. Feels nice to do something nice.

I waited until the tears stopped and I walked on to class.

Maybe I can just say that I was washing my face off. Of course I'm going to be late.

The bell rang as soon as I made it to the door. Another second would've been nice.

The teacher of course scolded me for being late and I took a seat in the front.

Time skip brought to you by the war of who tops.
~~~~~

It was lunch time and I could finally eat and chill with my friends.

We sat down at our usually table and started talking. I noticed Keith wasn't at the table so I looked around spotting him sitting by himself.

I poked Pidges shoulder getting their attention and pointed to Keith.

Pidge and hunk exchanged glances like as if they were reading minds and nodded.

"Hey Lance why don't you get Keith over here? I have too...  Uh...  Talk to hunk about something important." Pidge seemed normal. But I don't know about Keith. He acts like he hates me...

Probably not. Everybody loves me Heheh. "Alright, I'll go ahead and see what's up with him and bring him over here"

I didn't bother to take my tray so Instead I just grabbed an apple and walked over to his table.

He somehow noticed me behind him and asked "What the hell do you want?"

Which probably startled me more than I was trying to startle him. I took a bite of my apple and then continued on my mission.

"Hey Keith, how come your not sitting with us at the table?"

"Uh, because I don't want to?" he stated in a snarky remark.

"okay this will be hard... " I mumbled to myself making sure he couldn't hear.

"Okay so, um. Shouldn't you Atleast join us? You don't have to talk man. I mean, it's just a group. Come on...  You said you'd do it for Pidge. Lo-" I was cut off by the sound of a loud snap.

It was loud enough that it got everyone's attention in the cafeteria. They all whipped their heads around to see what was going on.

Turns out he broke a fork...  And it wasn't plastic....

He quickly sat up slamming his hands on the table and opened his mouth.

"CAN YOU JUST LEAVE ME ALONE FOR ONCE IN MY GOD DAMN LIFE. I DONT WANT TO BE FRIENDS WITH YOU NOR DO I EVEN CARE ABOUT THE GROUP. JUST STOP TALKING TO ME AND LEAVE ME ALONE!" he stomped out of the cafeteria and slammed the doors behind him while people were watching him leave.

They all turned back to me awaiting my response.

But I couldn't. Something in my chest aches. I couldn't speak any words. I couldn't feel my hands. My body was frozen. I just couldn't move.

I was probably the most shocked person in the cafeteria.

Which usually I'm not...  I slowly turned my head looking at everyone. Than the door. Than Pidge. Than the door.

I stood up and ran out the door tripping over people and tables along the way.

The cafeteria started chating again as soon as I left. Probably to gossip about what happened.

I looked both directions and didn't see anything. He probably ran out to get away from me.

I squeezed my fist and felt tears again. "Seriously, this will *sniff* be the second time *sniff* I cry in school. It's only the first day for GODS SAKE"

I punched a wall cracking my knuckles and winced at the strike of pain.

Then, without knowing. I screamed. As loud as I could.

And after that. It started to rain. Which is real nice weather. Thanks for mocking me.

I slide on the floor and just let the tears flow out. No one was around. An that was the good thing. Thy wouldn't know hoe much of a loser I am. By tomorrow this could all be fixed. Everyone could continue with their lives. And forget bout this.

Thing is, this is highschool. You don't have friends who are there for your back. You don't have anyone to be your sidekick. And all you have is bullys.

Your friends are the worst of all. Atleast hunk was there for me when I told him I was BI.

I sighed chuckling at all of our middle school memories.

I took a shaky breath and slowly got up. Hearing footsteps patter through the school I ignored them.

Like for now, I put on a smile and head back into the cafeteria ready for what would hit me,

Luckily, they just looked then turned back.

I walked over to our group table with a swagger walk and sat down continuing my conversation and lunch.