Chapter 9

Knock. Knock. Knock. Kanan shot up from the sofa which earned him an off look from Ezra before walking towards the front door. He opened it and greeted the man "it's good to see you again Cham" Kanan stated as they shook hands; Cham walked into the home "likewise Kanan, how've you been??" he asked as he took his coat off. They both explained have they were both okay before walking into the living room; Cham seemed confused when he saw the teen boy. "Why might this be Kanan??" he asked, Kanan then remembered he and Hera hadn't told the older man about taking in another kid "this is Ezra, Hera and I fostered him on Monday until Padme can find a perminant place for him" he explained. Ezra stood up "Ezra, this is Hera's father, Cham Syndulla" the two shook hands "it's nice to met you sir" Ezra said, trying his best to be polite "it's nice to meet you too Ezra, tell me, are my daughter, son-in-law and grandkids treating you right??". It was a surprising question but Ezra just nodded "of course, they've been great" he gave a small smile "good to hear". The three sat down "how's things been then Kanan?? And where's my daughter??" Cham asked; Kanan smiled "everythings been fine, Sabine's been a little stressed with 6 form, Zeb's hoping to get a raise at work, and Hera should be home-" he was cut off by the sound of the opening and closing "-now". Hera walked into the room and immediatly hugged Cham with a smile "it's good to see you father!!" she excalimed; the man returned the smile "I've missed you too Hera". They all sat down again, Hera said hi to the other two boys before kissing her husband. The three adults spoke about life whilst Ezra watched tv, drowning out thir voices.

When it was 3:30, Sabine ran into the house and immediatly hugged the man who smiled at the sight of his granddaughter "Grandad!!" she exclaimed "Sabine!! How's my little artist??" he asked with joy; he really loved his family. Ezra smiled at the sight before snapping out of it; he focused on the tv. Hera decided they were going to order indian for dinner; everyone was happy to hear that. Soon enough, Zeb returned from work and gave him grandad a bro type hug. "The food should be here in half an hour" Kanan stated as he hung up from the Indian takeout "okay, I'll go set the table" Zeb said followed by Sabine "I'll go make Ezra's dinner"; Cham became confused "isn't Ezra eating the same as us??" he asked. Hera gave a small smile "due to Ezras past, we have to ease him into eating, tonight will be a large step" she rubbed the teens shoulder who gave a small smile too. Ezra decided to go outside for a bit due to seeing a certain brown shoulder length teen in the back garden "I'll call you back in when it's time to eat" Hera said before talking to her father again. The teen walked into the garden and walked to where he saw Bek walk...except he was no where to be seen?? "Bek??" he whispered, looking around when all of a sudden, a hand grabbed him and pulled him into the shadows; Ezra found himself in a warm embrace. "How do you cope with them?!" Bek groaned making his friend laugh "the Rebellion sending you crazy already??" he asked earning a nod "yes!!". They parted and leant against the wall "how is everyone??" Ezra asked earning a smile "they're fine, Jason and Ortan had an arguement again but they're be fine tomorrow, and Kane has gone to visit his cousin on the other side of town" Bek explained; the younger boy smiled "and you??". Bek looked at him with the amazing smile and shrugged "I'm fine...miss you a lot" he admitted making Ezra blush a littl bit; he looked down to hide his pink cheeks. "I em...I miss you too...I'll be back soon though" he stated. Bek didn't know what he was doing but couldn't control his arm for a moment; he moved his hand to lift Ezra's head up so theur were looking eye to eye. They were silent before Bek moved his hand away with a blush "em...sorry" he tried to laugh it off; Ezra did too "it's em...it's fine". They were silent for a moment until Bek asked something "should we trust that girl??" the younger teen thought about it "with this??...Yes, Sabine will do anything to protect her family". If Ezra said it was okay, the 16 year old agreed and trusted him. "Okay, I better get back" Bek stated earning a groan "do you have too??" he asked earning a smirk "you know I have to Ezra". They hugged one more time before the older teen jumped over the fence and ran back to HQ. It was good tirming too, Hera called Ezra back in for dinner.

They all sat ad ate, also talking about life; Cham explained he was going to be going on holiday soon with two of his friends. He was going to Cyprus. The night was nice, Ezra ate most of his pasta but felt slightly sick; he decided to go to bed due to a stomach ache. "Okay, good night Ezra" they all said followed by Kanan "do you want some pain killers??" he asked; the teen shook his head "nah, I'll just sleep it off". Ezra walked up to his room and changed into his pj's before falling onto the bed and passing out into a deep sleep.